SHHHHHH Don't tell the kids we're going!!!!

gamomof2

You know, that SeaWitch is really giving me a bad
For spring break we're taking our girls to Orlando. DH and I have decided not to tell them yet for fear of 6 months of "Is it time, is it time". But we did decide to tell them at Christmas, in a unique sort of way.

We're fixing them both backpacks (they're 7 & 9) with the Disney video in one, sunglasses, 2 countdown keychains (that I've ordered but haven't arrived), WDW guide books (geared towards kids). That's all we've thought of so far. I thought about getting some pins for their caps (baseball type white and pink).

Anything else that would be a good "stuffer" that's WDW related?

The keychains will help with the remaining 3 months of "when, when, when".

Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S. You'll notice in the signature another trip in May 2004. That one we'll really keep secret until we're headed down I-75. (or at least we'll try)

The bath cloths at the Disney Store. They're kind of vacum sealed or somthing (really small) and when you put them in the water they unfold and you can see the picture on them. They're only like $2.50. He loves those things!:D :D :D

You could also include an autograph book with a fat pin. Or maybe a Disney beanie.

how about Disney photo albums? I usually get double prints and let my girls split the 2x's and put them in "their" own albums. You could also order guest of honor badges~ I ordered new (different) ones for our last trip from www.giftsofalifetime.com.

that's all I can think of right now:D
Jon

one more thing - a pressed penny book! We had so much fun resort hopping to fill the book.

i was going to suggest the autograph book too. I made mine this year for my DS. Kinda like scrapbooking. Or, better yet, buy them the papers, punch outs, spiral bound cardstock books, and let them design their own. At that age, they will probably love that and that will keep 'em busy for a while anyway. Good wintertime project. Also, a disposable camera would be a good idea to include.

Wendy

Just wanted to say I love your idea about telling them at Christmas with a Disney backpack present. Sounds great!

The Disney Store sells all kinds of little goodies you could put in the pack. I love all the ideas mentioned so far.

Have fun!

What about a new Disney T-shirt?Wal-mart also has little pen lights in Disney charater shapes that are nice to have for dark rides. Maybe some things to do on the trip down; Color books, stickers, paper dolls all come in Disney. And don't forget the Disney dollars.

Jordan's mom

We're doing the same thing. I'll be doing a countdown keychain, autograph book and Disney Dollars. Since you're going to do this at Christmas, you can have family also give the girls DDs as little somethings. Have to say, I'm having a hard time not including my 9 y/o dd in the early planning this time.

How about giving them each a camera. You can find an inexpensive camera at Walmart. I got each of my kids a camera, both cameras total were under $40. I am giving these to my kids as an early Christmas present the day before our trip in December and tell them at that time. Good Luck! I hope you have a great trip!

Where do you get a countdown keychain?
Thanks!

what about the light spinners? you can find plain ones in the toy department of most stores. target i know for sure. or you can get disney ones at the disney store.

Definately autograph books and fat pens.

Guest of Honor badges too, those would be fun :)

How do you get the guest of honor badges? what are they?

Originally posted by gamomof2
How do you get the guest of honor badges? what are they?

you can get them at http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/

They're jsut a little badge that had your name on it and mickey. it's fun because CM's will call you by name, and adults say it's funt o mess with people who think your a CM, so I guess they look like the badges cm's wear

I tihnk they're about 7 bucks

I've looked at several online stores to get stocking stuffers and was wondering if there were any bad experiences with any sites in particular.

I went to MouseShoppe and Pixie Gifts.

Found a magnetic bumper sticker and the Guest of Honor badges. plus a wall map of Disney I thought they could look at between Christmas and March to map out their way.

I'd like to get as much from one place as possible to cut down on shipping.

Any bad experiences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter