Ship Movement - Podcast is Spot On - Again!

MN_Cruz'n

An island of testosterone in a sea of estrogen...
Hey all...

Just wanted to confirm the Pod Cast crew regarding ship movement. We were on the Western Caribbean cruise in October, 2006, and 90% of the time you barely feel the boat move. It really depends on the cross swells and the wave height. Most of the time the only time I could feel the movement was at night, lying in bed. And, I really find it relaxing!

Now, on this trip, we did run into some "weather". No storms, but we did head through about a day and a half of Near Gale winds and waves. Wave heights were about 13 ft. (4 m), and we were rocking. It wasn't so noticeable on deck, but walking down the halls was amusing.

However, the ship's crew does a remarkable job to avoid as much as possible.

I would take precautions if you feel it beneficial, but I wouldn't let it ruin your vacation.

Best Wishes!

The ship actually has 2 wings that are extended from it, allowing it to reduce the amount of movement you feel by up to 85%. I've been on a 3 and 7 night cruise. On the 3 night we had some VERY high waves, but me being me, I went up to the top deck and recorded the pool instead of hiding in my room :-)
The worst it ever gets is at night. I don't get motion sick from that kind of movement often, but I had a little bit of an issue on both cruises. Luckily they come at night so take some meds, go to sleep, and it's all better in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter