Shipping Disneyland purchases home

Scrapmouse

Earning My Ears
My DD collects snowglobes. Unfortunately, with the airlines' limitations on liquids, I imagine we might not be able to bring her snowglobe purchases from Disneyland back home on the plane in our carry ons. And putting them in our checked luggage would be risking breakage. So my question is, can we arrange to have the snowglobes shipped home from Disneyland? Is that a service they provide in the park when making a purchase? Does anyone have any experience or advice about this subject? Just planning in advance to make sure DD will be able to get her snowglobes home. Thank you for any help you can provide.:earsboy:

I can't help you with any answers about shipping, but just wanted to say that I have never had a problem with snow globes in checked luggage. They are tightly packed in the box they come in, and then I make sure the box fits snug in my suitcase, surrounded by clothes and with the shopping I do, there is definately no room to move in my bags!! and the snowglobes have always made it home safely to Australia!
Have a great holiday!

About to say the same as PoohBear - everything we purchased on our last trip was well packed and we had no breakages, again flying back to Australia.

We did have to ship the Crystal Cube, which is the lasered picture in a crystal? cube as it was going to be delayed by a couple of weeks. That arrived well packed and without any issues. Disneyland shipped that to us.

I know they can arrange to ship to you at the time of purchase, and if you live out of state, then you won't pay sales tax. But you will pay a lot for shipping in my experience! I did this for a full-set of Vinylmation which was over $200 and the shipping was based on price and was $40. So, just be prepared for sticker shock on the shipping charge.

You can arrange shipping from the store, which is fairly easy but time consuming due to the paperwork. Another shipping option is to make note of the SKU numbers on the items you want and then call and order them when you return home. I ended up doing both this past trip and, while both were successful, I would recommend shipping from the store.

We looked at shipping prices when we were at Disney World. They were ridiculously expensive and based off of the price of the item. I imagine it's the same when shipping from Disneyland.
As the previous posters said, we did not have any troubles bringing things home with us in our checked luggage. We had a snowglobe and several breakables, and we wrapped them with plenty of clothes and made sure they were snug in our suitcases. Nothing broke.

Good luck!

As previous posts . i had several large snow globes that i collected around china for my daughter.and due to her autism is very fussy about her globes does not like one mark on them. I packed them very securely in their boxes and then wrapped them in clothes so they were very snug. After flying from china to Hong Kong (Hong Kong Disneyland is great) and onto Australia they arrived safe and unbroken home and not a mark on them . The snow globes were always sent with the checked luggage.

I don't really think the shipping charges are that out of line with what you would pay at the Post Office. I had a fifty dollar purchase shipped to me and shipping was around 8 bucks. I couldn't pack and ship an item myself for that amount. :confused3 Shipping is expensive EVERYWHERE--not just at Disney. :thumbsup2

Scrapmouse, another thing to consider is that if you have Disney ship it for you and breakage occurs, they will replace it for you. If you carry it on your own and it breaks, you are just out of luck. Just another piece of info that might influence your decision...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter