Shipping Lightsaber to Canada? JetBlue cool?

TigerlilyAJ

DIS Veteran
I would like to build a lightsaber and have a reservation. However, I'm not sure how to get it home. I'm flying JetBlue on the class of ticket that allows a carry-on and a personal item. I have a purse and a backpack. Will JetBlue not allow me to slip the lightsaber in the overhead or a closet unless I check my backpack for $50? I would rather cancel.
I know I can mail it to an American address for $18 from the gift shop at AoA. But how much to get it to Ontario? Anyone try it?

Not JetBlue, but Alaska Airlines let DH and DS have them in their backpacks sticking out! Security was much more intrigued by the hilt than the blade.

We recently returned in February (Westjet) with a lightsaber. We just carried as a piece of carry-on. They finally had the cases back in stock, so it was in the case, but we just carried it on. We tossed it into the overhead storage, just before they closed them for take off...and as soon as we could, we grabbed it when the bins were opened after landing.

It was easy peasy. Easier than I thought it was going to be.

FWIW:

We just came back last weekend with a lightsaber into Detroit on a Delta flight.

The carry case with hilt was put into my sons backpack. The blade was kept in the original long cardboard box and carried onto plane. The backpack was stored below feet, the blade he kept upright in front of him.

No one said a peep about it! Obviously everyone has a different situation but was really happy about getting it back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter