Shipping Packages Home

idors8

Earning My Ears
I am newly back from spending 8/20 - 8/28 and am having severe Disney withdrawal. (Quitting smoking didn't feel quite as bad. lol) It was so nice on Fri. morning to have UPS knock on the door and hand me a big box from WDW. We were in the World of Disney on Sat. 8/24 and thanks to a great tip from these boards, decided to ship a bunch of stuff home. I saved 10% with the DC card and with no sales tax and a $15.95 shipping fee I came out a little bit ahead. It was so nice not to have to lug all the stuff home and it pulled me out of my PDD (Post Disney Depression) to unpack all my great souveniers. Everything was nicely wrapped and they threw in a bunch of bags and boxes also. Thanks for the great tip! I highly recommend it

Thanks for posting! We're planning on shipping our packages home so it's good to hear that it works out well. :D

I absolutely love shipping things home from WDW! Not only does it mean one less thing you worry about packing, but you're right - it does help with PDD. :)

How do you go about doing that? Can you tell them at the place where you make your purchase? Can you bring your purchases back to the room and then after a week at DW when you see that you've bought too much can you then bring everything to someplace in the hotel and make arrangements to ship everything home?

karensi - Yes, you can ship when you make your purchase, I told the cashier at the World of Disney that we were shipping to my home and she had us fill out a few forms. No problem at all. You can also have your hotel gift shop ship anything you have previously bought for a fee, but the catch is you have already paid the Florida sales tax on those items previously bought. When you have them shipped at purchase, the sales tax is taken off. The girl in the YC gift shop kindly explained everything to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter