Shipping Question/Backstage Magic

nunzia

You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys
On the off chance ( :) ) that I buy a ton 'o stuff at the Studios and Imagineering stores, is there a way to have the Grand californian ship it home? I know you can ship stuff from the parks, but could you also ship just a mish mash of stuff bought on this trip?
For those of you that have gone..what is the coolest thing you found not available anywhere else?

I can't answer the question about shipping, but I imagine you can get things shipped from the hotel. Finding a box that is the correct size may be the challenge. My favorite things I purchased at Imagineering were a sweatshirt that said Walt Disney Imagineering and a t shirt that said We Make the Magic. I live in sweatshirts and tshirts so these were perfect for me. I bought a pin there as well but lost it between the hotel and home.

You will have an amazing time.

I had asked about this too as I am anticipating a shopping spree at Mickey's of Glendales.
Jacksparrowfan was kind enough to tell me that you can ship things home from the Grand. I think the other poster is right & the challenge may be finding a box.

On the off chance ( :) ) that I buy a ton 'o stuff at the Studios and Imagineering stores, is there a way to have the Grand californian ship it home? I know you can ship stuff from the parks, but could you also ship just a mish mash of stuff bought on this trip?
For those of you that have gone..what is the coolest thing you found not available anywhere else?

Yes, the Grand will definitely help you along with your Tour Guide. Just let your Tour Guide know you would like to ship some items home. They will get you set up with the Grand who will help you with the box and shipping everything home. When you get to the hotel in Hollywood, they gave us a fabulous duffle bag (thin material) that fit a bunch of stuff we bought. It ended up being my 2nd carry on for the trip home. You will find your Tour Guides are the best gift ever! They do their best to help you with your needs.

My coolest thing? When you walk into Imagineering, many items have their logo. You can't buy this anywhere. (Well, unless someone sells on EBAY.) The place is very large and you will be overwhelmed with what there is to choose from. It's terrific! Their t-shirts and sweatshirts/jackets are fabulous. I am a pin collector and they are special. At the time, they were selling the signs with the time from this point on. I bought the one for POTC as it's my favorite ride. At the Disney Studios, when you see the shop there is a door to walk through. To the right is the Disney Store (that we are use to seeing). On the left is a little store that has their Disney Studio pins. I bought the pin of Walt standing outside a door with a sillouette of Mickey on the wall. The picture is in Club 33 and I love it.

Wow..I can wait..anyone else have favorite purchases stories??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter