Shipping souvenirs home?

Euby

DIS Veteran
I had read somewhere that if you take the souvenirs that you purchased at Disney to your Disney hotel's gift shop, they could ship them home (for a fee). Can someone confirm this? Has anyone done it? How easy was it? Did anything arrive home broken? Also, can you send souvenirs from the Disney Character Warehouse that way as well?

:disrocks:

Yes - you can have items shipped home from most purchase locations at Disney (tell them at the time of purchase you want to ship it home and pay right then - if you want to ship items from multiple purchases, you need to gather and bx them yourself and then go to the business (?) desk at your hotel.) I know I shipped from my hotel once, but I don't remember what we had to do to accomplish it. We're shipped large/bulky purchases from disney stores many times.

At universal, we've only ever shipped purchases from our hotel's business desk. They packed everything for us.

In both cases it took 1-2 weeks for the packages to arrive in Connecticut.

Yes you can. I did this in 2015 on a solo trip. I wayyyy overbought and didn't have room in luggage for return flight. I just gathered everything and went to gift shop and they repacked and boxed for me. Easy-Peasy!

Yes you can. I did this in 2015 on a solo trip. I wayyyy overbought and didn't have room in luggage for return flight. I just gathered everything and went to gift shop and they repacked and boxed for me. Easy-Peasy!

Was there an additional fee beyond the postage? Did everything arrive home in good condition?

there is probably some sort of handling fee figured into the price.
at universal I don't remember if I had to buy the boxes,

everything from both places arrived fine. I think both used ups.

We took ours to the front desk of WL where we were staying and they packed a box for us and shipped it. We just paid the normal shipping cost and nothing extra. Super easy and everything arrived in one piece. Pretty much any gift shop will ship as well.

We try to make fewer large shopping stops when practical (World of Disney, MouseGear) and have our purchases shipped straight home. If they break it, they will replace it (quickly, efficiently, no arguments-we have had ornaments break); if you bring it home and it breaks, you are SOL. Especially for anything fragile or bulky, it is the way to go. We generally have all our packages within a week or so of getting home, but I think they tell you it could be up to 14 days.

Thanks for the info everyone! I will definitely taking advantage of this in 2 weeks!!!!!

I scan everything into the shop disney parks ap and keep a cart going. After $50 (I think) shipping is free so when I'm ready to leave I just close out the cart. That way it's one big box, free shipping and only one charge. They will automatically apply the AP discount too. If it's not available on the Ap, I ship it from the store but most things are on the Ap except for some specialty items in WS.

I scan everything into the shop disney parks ap and keep a cart going. After $50 (I think) shipping is free so when I'm ready to leave I just close out the cart. That way it's one big box, free shipping and only one charge. They will automatically apply the AP discount too. If it's not available on the Ap, I ship it from the store but most things are on the Ap except for some specialty items in WS.

Never thought of this idea! Great thinking. Going down in 19 days and will definitely use this.

OP - sorry for the delay - no there weren't any other charges for shipping home. Just regular postage and everything was packed extremely well so no breakage!

I save all the plastic bags to help with packing fragile items. we usually buy items during the day and pick up front of the park (great when we adopted two banshee ) or have it delivered to your resort.

Shipped home last two trips.

Art of imagination - shipped from front desk
Kidani village - pick up box from gift shop and take to guest relations across Lobby

I had read somewhere that if you take the souvenirs that you purchased at Disney to your Disney hotel's gift shop, they could ship them home (for a fee). Can someone confirm this? Has anyone done it? How easy was it? Did anything arrive home broken? Also, can you send souvenirs from the Disney Character Warehouse that way as well?

:disrocks:
I shipped items home for the first time. I shipped them from the Meadow Trading Post at Fort Wilderness. The Cast Members were wonderful. I don't mind waiting for my items but I would like know if they were sent. I had my birthday in Disney World and shipped 3 light sabers, 2 droids, 3 steins, a loungefly mini backpack, clothes, and a few pins that I got for my birthday . If the boxes I had were too small would they have put them in a bigger box?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter