Shipping things to your resort before you arrive

Disneyfan1977

DIS Veteran
Hello All,
We are flying to orlando and we don't want to pay checked baggage fees. My plan is for us all to use carry on's. I know I am going to need to ship some items down ahead of time because they won't fit in a carry-on and they will be liquid (shampoo, cond, toothpaste, etc.) more than 4 ounces.

How do you go about sending these items, how do you get them once you are at the hotel? Are they likely to get lost at your hotel if you aren't there?

Any info is appreciated.

I did this last trip- newly potty trained ds refused to poop on anything but a little potty, so I bought one from drugstore.com (free shipping orders over $25 for first order! could work for your toiletries!)

I called WDW and requested the procedure- obtain the street address of the resort. Have the package directed to the name on the reservation and the reservation number (ie attn P. Smith res# xxxxxxxxx). Make sure it is delivered in time for arrival but not so far in advance that it could get lost! if possible, have your check in day placed on the package or at least on the invoice, b/c if they can't figure it out they will open the package. When we arrived, I mentioned the package and they had it placed in our room for us.

It could get expensive to buy all new toiletries from a website, and then ship them (even if shipping is free) Then, you have to ship them home.

My suggestion is to just check ONE suitcase with all your gear in it, and then you're only out $15 each way.

Although, it could be cheap for you to put all your stuff in a flatrate box and mail it there and back.... just use common sense and don't pay more to ship than it would be to check 1 bag.

We looked into it also and decided to check a bag. Partly because it was less expensive than anything else we looked at. Mostly though it was easier to bring things back. We didn't want to throw out our toiletries, and we almost always buy something that cannot go in our carry on so we would have to ship it all back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter