Shipping toiletries to resort

Epcot242

DIS Veteran
We're doing a quick trip in July and trying to do it on the cheap. We got a pretty good price on Spirit flights, which we've flown before and know what to expect, and planned to ship a box of toiletries and maybe a pair of shoes or something in advance to our resort to avoid ridiculously expensive bag checking fees.

Has anyone done this successfully? We found a pretty good FedEx rate of about $10-15 each way (plan to send the stuff back from the resort with a pre-printed shipping label). Any advice or input would be welcome!

We're doing a quick trip in July and trying to do it on the cheap. We got a pretty good price on Spirit flights, which we've flown before and know what to expect, and planned to ship a box of toiletries and maybe a pair of shoes or something in advance to our resort to avoid ridiculously expensive bag checking fees.

Has anyone done this successfully? We found a pretty good FedEx rate of about $10-15 each way (plan to send the stuff back from the resort with a pre-printed shipping label). Any advice or input would be welcome!
For that price, I would just order the toiletries from Instacart (or another delivery service) and leave the leftovers behind at the end of the trip. Why spend up to $30 to ship them back and forth? That doesn't sound very cost-effective to me.

Part of the 'hidden' cost of carriers like Sprint is what else you have to spend on various extras. To me that makes their supposedly budget ticket price not such a bargain. If only traveling for a few days, might be more cost effective to buy those travel size toiletries so they don't take up so much luggage space. I would tend to pitch small items you don't use up during your trip rather then pay to have them shipped home.

What toiletries were you thinking about shipping? You would have shampoo, conditioner, body wash and soap in hotel room. Can pick up sunscreen at hotel gift shop.

I talked to member services today and they said they don't charge a fee if you have things sent there unless you have them deliver the packages to your room. If they do that, it's $6. Hope this helps!

If it's a quick trip, pack smaller travel size bottles or just pick up or get instacart when you arrive. Will you plan to ship the toiletries back? Seems like a waste of money for a quick trip. I know I may be a light packer but if it's a quick trip, how much stuff could you have?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter