Ships scheduled at Port

DisneyMK46

Earning My Ears
We are sailing on the Fantasy in October (Western Caribbean) and looking at the port schedules, many of the ports only have the Fantasy scheduled for that day with the exception of Grand Cayman (Celebrity Equinox) and Port Canaveral (Mardi Gras and Mariner of the Seas). Is that normal? I'm a little bummed that on most ports it will be just us. I guess its good for crowd control but I actually look forward to seeing other cruise ships. BTW I am so looking forward to seeing Mariner of the Seas with my own eyes, i have loved that ship for years even though I have never been on it (its on my list)

We are sailing on the Fantasy in October (Western Caribbean) and looking at the port schedules, many of the ports only have the Fantasy scheduled for that day with the exception of Grand Cayman (Celebrity Equinox) and Port Canaveral (Mardi Gras and Mariner of the Seas). Is that normal? I'm a little bummed that on most ports it will be just us. I guess its good for crowd control but I actually look forward to seeing other cruise ships. BTW I am so looking forward to seeing Mariner of the Seas with my own eyes, i have loved that ship for years even though I have never been on it (its on my list)
In the cruising world it's a good port if you're the only ship in port. Remember most port cities may be small towns. Adding thousands of people visiting for just the day can be pretty overwhelming.

It depends on your port and itinerary. Some of those ports are small
and you don’t want a bunch of ships. British Virgin Islands / Tortola is a great example. Not room for many ships unlike Nassau or Jamaica.

When we were in St. Thomas, 7 ships were docked there, and the shops were way overcrowded. One ship at a time is so much simpler for the tourists as well as the tiny shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter