Shoebootie

tardin1964

DIS Veteran
I just finished listening to the show from Tuesday. Pete made reference to an old All in the Family episode. I'm the same age as Pete, so lots of references to old TV shows like he made today... I often make.... and nobody gets anymore. Just wanted to let Pete know that the Shoebootie episode is one of my favorites. So for the few of you AITF fans out there.....here ya go.......

Mike Stivic: What did they call you in school?
Archie: Different things.
Mike Stivic: Tell me, what did they call you in school?
Archie: Well, I remember one winter during the Depression when we didn't have any money because my father lost his job, we was all bust. And I wore out a shoe. One shoe. So I couldn't go to school with only one shoe. But my mother found a boot, so I had a shoe on one foot there and a boot on the other. A shoe and a boot. So the kids call me 'Shoebootie'.
Mike Stivic: They used to call you 'Shoebootie', huh?
[laughs]
Archie: They used to holler, "Tutti fruitti, here comes Shoebootie." They called me that until they learned my name was Archibald and they thought that was funny. And then I wished they'd go
back to 'Shoebootie'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter