• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shoes at Water Parks?

Adora

DIS Veteran
So I know when I go in August walking around the water park in bare feet ain't gonna work. So what does everyone wear when walking on the surface of the sun? And what do you do when you do the slide/rides?

I wear Aqua Socks when walking around. They are allowed on the tube slides and for the body slides, I take the shoes off when I get to the slide platform and hold them on the slide.

Are you allowed to hold your shoes on all rides? Also do you need to take them off for the rides where multiple people get in? (like Adventure Falls)

This is a question for the ages, the last time we went to typhoon lagoon, it was all over the map... some of the ride attendant said you can hold the water shoes, some let you ride with them on, the high speed water slides, I do not think that they will allow you to ride holding your shoes, safety being the reason.

The water socks might do the trick... I personally have never used them... I am going to check them out..

As well I think it depends on what type of water shoes you have if they will let you ride...

We don't wear shoes at the water parks. There are sprinklers everywhere, so I never felt the ground was terribly hot. It's just easier, IMHO, to carry less when you are walking around and going on slides.

do the aqua socks give you blisters? Every time we have worn water shoes we have gotten terrible blisters. We will have two park days after our Typhoon Lagoon day so I definitely don't want hurting feet!

We don't wear shoes at the water parks. There are sprinklers everywhere, so I never felt the ground was terribly hot. It's just easier, IMHO, to carry less when you are walking around and going on slides.
Like really everywhere? I'm so scared lol. I'm from a cooler climate and worried the people who don't need them are used to hot lol

My sister bought us 'water socks' (I have no idea which brand) for Typhoon Lagoon a few years ago. They fit just like socks, so no blisters, and there was no need to take them off. IIRC one of the reasons we chose to use them was to mitigate the prickly feel of the wave pool floor. They worked well!

Like really everywhere? I'm so scared lol. I'm from a cooler climate and worried the people who don't need them are used to hot lol
You're not going to burn your feet. Everything is wet, and most everything is shaded. Bring some flip flops for bathrooms and meal times, but when walking among the pools and slides, the ground will be plenty cool.

There may be areas where you run into a patch of hot pavement, but it's short lived. You will find relief nearby. I only wear flips flops on the way in and out.

I don’t have any callouses on my feet. I can’t take the heat or stepping on all the twigs. I wear water shoes. My husband and ds don’t wear shoes. And here’s a tip. Use the lazy River to take you to each area of the water park. Saves on walking on hot walkways and it’s fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter