Shooting Arcade to close?

If the DVC lounge in Epcot is anything to go by, then don't get your hopes up for this lounge to be that good.

I think we should put this rumor to rest now. I just checked the Walt Disney World website and their calendar says the shooting gallery is still open beyond May (which WDWNewsToday suggested).
IMG_1780.jpeg
IMG_1781.jpeg

I am all for removing the shooting arcade. It is outdated and could be used for something else. I don't think a DVC lounge would have been my pick but I do think it's still an upgrade from the arcade.
It's not about it being outdated. For that matter a lot of MK then would be outdated.

MK is the world's most attended park, yet has a shocking number of empty buildings that were once attractions, restaurants or shops. The park is desperately in need of bringing back that capacity and then some, and having the kinds of experiences you can do without reservations or long waits.

We can debate the merits of the arcade (and yes, it does have them), but diminishing the variety of experiences people can have in the park lessens it as a whole. Nobody visits just for the Treehouse, or Carousel of Progress, but reducing the park to headliner rides and meet n greets turns it into a place like DHS were everyone scrambles to do the same things and is miserable in trying to do so.

It's not about it being outdated. For that matter a lot of MK then would be outdated.

MK is the world's most attended park, yet has a shocking number of empty buildings that were once attractions, restaurants or shops. The park is desperately in need of bringing back that capacity and then some, and having the kinds of experiences you can do without reservations or long waits.

We can debate the merits of the arcade (and yes, it does have them), but diminishing the variety of experiences people can have in the park lessens it as a whole. Nobody visits just for the Treehouse, or Carousel of Progress, but reducing the park to headliner rides and meet n greets turns it into a place like DHS were everyone scrambles to do the same things and is miserable in trying to do so.
It certainly is about being outdated. I am not advocating for them to rip it out and leave it empty as they have done to other buildings. They can update it to something else but the concept of allowing a kid to shoot a rifle is outdated for not only this day and age but for over a decade as well.

We are not talking about something that is even a small people eater, this eats no people and gives very little value to the majority of visitors. The loss of it will effect such a minimal amount of guests. As I said, the DVC lounge is not something I would have replaced it with.

They can update it to something else but the concept of allowing a kid to shoot a rifle is outdated for not only this day and age but for over a decade as well.

Maybe where you’re from, but broad strokes and all that.

If the DVC lounge in Epcot is anything to go by, then don't get your hopes up for this lounge to be that good.

100% agree. Unless they are going to make the DVC lounge comparable to the one in Disneyland, don’t even bother. The one in Epcot is an embarrassment and having to waitlist to use a lounge that is meant to be a 15 minute respite from the crowds and lines is the biggest joke of all.

Yea, no issue with repurposing that arcade/shooting gallery. The last couple years, when we've gone by, the place might have 1 or 2 people shooting. It really does seem outdated in today's world, when many kids/adults have several shooting games on their phones. But to replace it with a DVC lounge makes no sense to me. We're DVC, and I'd be more likely to put a coin in at the arcade there than I would be to worry about a lounge located there. If they do replace it, then replace it with something themed for the area and something all guests can enjoy.

Well, another iconic fun activity that doesn't involve G+, LL, or long lines that they want to get rid of. It is a nice rest and fun diversion from all the rides and lines. If all we have are lines and rides, then it might as well be 6 flags.
Wandering around and finding these gems is something alot of people do. It is an arcade game, not a shoot out with criminals people! It doesn't surprise me that the current Disney would do this though.

Well, another iconic fun activity that doesn't involve G+, LL, or long lines that they want to get rid of. It is a nice rest and fun diversion from all the rides and lines. If all we have are lines and rides, then it might as well be 6 flags.
Wandering around and finding these gems is something alot of people do. It is an arcade game, not a shoot out with criminals people! It doesn't surprise me that the current Disney would do this though.
A bit off topic, but this is a big reason I miss Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom too. That could've easily been transitioned from a card-based game to a Smartphone-based game, and would've helped families find something to do between waiting in lines for rides/characters.

A bit off topic, but this is a big reason I miss Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom too. That could've easily been transitioned from a card-based game to a Smartphone-based game, and would've helped families find something to do between waiting in lines for rides/characters.

Or the World Showcase advenutre (Kim Possible/Agent P). That was supposed to come back as Duck Tales, but it just hasn't.

It would be a good place for them to do something similar to a game they have at Disney sea. I can't remember if it was timed or you had a set number of balls. But the goal was to roll them into the hole and you'd get a cute plush. If you didn't win you still got to pick a pin. It was all Arabian nights themed including the prizes. It was in the market area of that section. It was never that busy the days I was there. It was fun to do and a small cost, prob less than they'd want to charge here but given everyone at least got a pin it was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter