Shop the Block 2023-Earn up to 1,000 Airmiles!!!

I have done 3 on my card (well trying for 3 - receipts are being checked) but did Dollarama today and Shell gas yesterday. Will probably do an online order or a Metro order for the 4th.
2nd & 3rd cards did the receipt thing - just bought salsa from dollarama on 2 separate receipts and both have uploaded and posted already.
Card 2 will get Shell, Metro and Dollarama link for the 4th partner.
Card 3 will have to figure that one out. May need to do a Metro shop or even a $5 purchase at Shell but I won't be going out of my way to get anymore.
Thanks for the idea. I will go to Dollarama and get Salsa there and have that uploaded to accounts. I've got an inquiry on 2 items this week and two other receipts are being checked. All purchases were made a FreshCo. I know they will eventually work but I could always use more Salsa next week if I don't see any progress on the items I've already purchased.

I purchased 2 coke products at Shell this afternoon and got 22AM for my trouble (2) 10 AM offers plus Shell Go... (2) 1AM. I'll go do that one again on another card. It's worth it for the $100 in AM I'll get back in return.

Hi
Yes you do have to opt in before doing the offer.
sorry
To qualify, eligible collectors must click “opt in” using the button above prior to using their AIR MILES® card (or eligible Canadian issued Mastercard in the case of card-linked offers) at the time of eligible purchases.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I've been over thinking how to get that fourth partner in without purchasing something I don't need. For me, once I stopped stressing, it will actually be quite simple. I'll go to Shell and pick up a Walmart gift card for one account and an Amazon gift card for the other. They are two places I use regularly so I won't be out anything nor have to buy something I actually don't want. It's a bit of an outlay up front but both should be gone by the end of the month so, win win.
And then I will be done. Now, off to Shell.

I've been over thinking how to get that fourth partner in without purchasing something I don't need. For me, once I stopped stressing, it will actually be quite simple. I'll go to Shell and pick up a Walmart gift card for one account and an Amazon gift card for the other. They are two places I use regularly so I won't be out anything nor have to buy something I actually don't want. It's a bit of an outlay up front but both should be gone by the end of the month so, win win.
Good morning
I do not think Gift cards will work but I could be wrong .

For Shell
(Excludes Car Wash, Tobacco products, Lottery tickets, gift cards, Prepaid credit cards, Phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law).

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Good morning
I do not think Gift cards will work but I could be wrong .

For Shell
(Excludes Car Wash, Tobacco products, Lottery tickets, gift cards, Prepaid credit cards, Phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law).

Hugs Mel
Looking at the AM Shell offers, if you bought either of those cards you get 20 AMs. That would count, would it not?

I'm not clear on the whole base mile/ bonus miles part of this promo myself. The terms are not very clear to me. In the first section it says "earn at least one Airmiles or Bonus Miles" at 2, 3 or 4 " blah blah blahs

BUT in the section describing the in-store partners it says this
Screenshot_20231210_110718_AIR MILES.jpg
Does this mean that in store only the BASE miles count?

SO, if I follow the section on the in-store earning of miles then none of the bonus offers(like shell gift cards or my targeted offer from metro to buy a banana) will work. However, if I follow the very first terms then those bonus offers do work.

@tinkerone have you done a card link offer yet? If not you can buy the gift cards at dollarama. Just don't do what I did- grabbed one for staples thinking I could use it for an in-store pick up but staples doesn't allow gift cards online 😬

Tink and Jacqueline
sorry just ran out to Home Depot for a few minutes.(And coffee stop).
Shell drives me crazy.
Yes you get 20 BONUS Airmiles for each 50$ gift card BUT they are Bonus Airmiles.
Which for this promo they say are included ...However they then say go to the Partners page which then says they are not included.
My rule is buy 2 chocolate bars for 5$ on each card and throw them in the stockings.
Sorry I'd hate for you not to get all 4 shops.
Hugs Mel

My example
When I went to metro I picked up a bottle of Purex for $13.99 and got 20 bonus airmiles however if I didn't hit to total of a $20 spend then I wouldn't get at least 1 base airmiles.
So I bought 2 X bottles .

Hello Everyone! I have never posted here but love the supportive nature of this group! 🥰
My question, for “Shop the Block“ … does airmilesshops.ca only count as 1 eligible partner no matter how many different shops you purchase from?
Welcome!

Terms & Conditions

For the purposes of this offer, all purchases made at individual brands through airmilesshops.ca and airmilescardlink.ca during the offer period qualify as 1 partner per brand. For example, if a collector earns at least 1 Mile at each of 3 individual brands purchased through airmilesshops.ca or airmilescardlink.ca, the collector will be deemed to have earned at 3 partners for the purpose of this offer.

Yes so if you order from say Body Shop (Brand 1),,, Michaels (Brand 2) ,,, Walmart( Brand 3), at Airmiles.ca then you would have done 3 partner shops. Make sure to read each shops rules for earning at least 1 base Airmile.
Hope that helps.

Hugs Mel

Edited to add***
AND watch that your order from Amazon is on the list of acceptable items to receive airmiles from.
Please note:
Included categories have changed as of December 1, 2023.
You will get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made in the following categories. All other categories, Gift Cards and Amazon Subscriptions are excluded. You will NOT get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made via the Amazon app.

December List for Amazon
Included categories*:
Amazon Fashion Private Brands
Amazon Cloud Cam
Baby & Nursery (Diapers, Wipes, Formula are excluded)
Beauty & Grooming
Business & Industrial Supplies
Camera, Photo & Video
Clothing & Accessories
Echo Devices
Eero Devices
Electronic Components & Home Audio
Element Smart TV
Fire TV Devices
Handmade
Health & Household
Jewelry
Kindle E-readers
Luggage
Luxury Beauty
Major Appliances
Musical Instruments
Outdoor Recreation
Pet Food & Supplies
Power & Hand Tool
Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
Shoes, Handbags & Accessories
Software
Sports and Fitness
Watches
*categories are subject to change at any time

In order to get Miles on your Amazon.ca purchase, you must follow the below steps:
1) Enter your AIR MILES Collector Number on airmilesshops.ca
2) Click on the Shop Now button below
3) Add items to your shopping cart on Amazon.ca (you will not get Miles on any items in your shopping cart prior to clicking the Shop Now button on airmilesshops.ca)
4) Complete the transaction on Amazon.ca (You must complete all four steps in a single web session — make sure that you do not close the window, or log off your computer before completing the transaction)

Last edited:
Spending a little extra on that 4th purchase will pay off. 3 offers is worth $20. That 4th offer is worth another $80 in AM. Worth making sure you get the 4th one correct.

Tink and Jacqueline
sorry just ran out to Home Depot for a few minutes.(And coffee stop).
Shell drives me crazy.
Yes you get 20 BONUS Airmiles for each 50$ gift card BUT they are Bonus Airmiles.
Which for this promo they say are included ...However they then say go to the Partners page which then says they are not included.
My rule is buy 2 chocolate bars for 5$ on each card and throw them in the stockings.
Sorry I'd hate for you not to get all 4 shops.
Hugs Mel

My example
When I went to metro I picked up a bottle of Purex for $13.99 and got 20 bonus airmiles however if I didn't hit to total of a $20 spend then I wouldn't get at least 1 base airmiles.
So I bought 2 X bottles .
Is Shell base miles $10 in store purchase? Thanks for the help.
I'm not clear on the whole base mile/ bonus miles part of this promo myself. The terms are not very clear to me. In the first section it says "earn at least one Airmiles or Bonus Miles" at 2, 3 or 4 " blah blah blahs

BUT in the section describing the in-store partners it says this
View attachment 816691
Does this mean that in store only the BASE miles count?

SO, if I follow the section on the in-store earning of miles then none of the bonus offers(like shell gift cards or my targeted offer from metro to buy a banana) will work. However, if I follow the very first terms then those bonus offers do work.

@tinkerone have you done a card link offer yet? If not you can buy the gift cards at dollarama. Just don't do what I did- grabbed one for staples thinking I could use it for an in-store pick up but staples doesn't allow gift cards online 😬
I read this a bit differently. I see it as saying that you should check in-store partners for base offer, just as a helper sort of thing. I don't read it as saying bonus AMs don't count. Interesting wording though.

Thanks for the card link suggestion but it is one I have already used. Also done Dollarama as well as Rewarding your Opinion. I think I will do the Shell gift card, even if it's just for the 20 bonus AMs I get now. I just don't need anything else and I don't want to spend on something I won't use. I'll post back as to how I made out when the STB AMs post. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. If not, c'est la vie.

Questioning whether some of my purchases will count now. Yesterday I got 2 cokes at Shell (stupidly used my CAA card) I got the 10 Bonus miles for the cokes but not the regular 1AM earn as the discount took me below $5. Should I do this one again? Do I need to or will the bonus miles work. As it means $80 in AM, it's worth it to make sure.

This is what I could find from Shell
Detail 1

How to get and use Miles​

Get rewarded on every visit.
At participating sites, get 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile on:
  • Every 10L of Shell V-Power Fuels *†
  • Every 20L of Shell Regular and Shell Diesel *†
  • Every $5 spend on car washes and eligible non-fuel products **†
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorist...VsAGtBh3DYQcQEAAYASAAEgIZn_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is why I don't use my CAA card during these promotions.
Last time I bought a small box of Tea Bags at $5.07 and the CAA brought it below the $5 threshold and I didn't get the base mile.

Hugs Mel

Thinking & Sharing my 3 favorite online shops to get 1 base Airmiles

Staples (Not in store) you have to order online and pick up at store.
*1 base airmile for every $20 spent
Gift cards not included
I look at garbage bags & dollar deals. Lord know my kids at school seem to go through pencils like crazy.
Oh and the famous Mom always has ink for us to print and print (ink cartridge).
They also do Passport Photos at my Staples.

Well.ca
Sometimes they have a no delivery charge or delivery with the option to pick up at Rexall.
Well.ca is Canada's online destination for health, wellness, baby & beauty with the country's largest online assortment of natural products. Over 40,000 products to choose from... delivered right to your door.
Free shipping on orders over $35
*1 base mile for every $20 spent
Neo Citran Hot lemon drink, Epsom salts unscented, Advil and sometimes vitamins.
Often have travel size things.

Amazon (only when pets are included in the list)
*1 base airmile for every $20 spent.

*****Michaels**** ,,
The store 5 minute drive from me and
is becoming one of my new fav stores.
Order online and pick up instore.
* 1 base Airmiles for every $20 spent
So many things for crafts and home here.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Well I went to dollarama today and planned to get tictacs for the receipt offer too but they didn't have the right size so I guess I will be going to do an in store Shell offer tomorrow. That will give me 4, metro on Friday and an amazon cat food order online that has already posted. Dollarama I got some earbuds foe our trip and a $50 disney GC (that stupid cardboard kind so not sure I want to risk taking the silver bit off it).

And had a nice birthday lunch for kiddo who turned 14 yesterday!

Well I went to dollarama today and planned to get tictacs for the receipt offer too but they didn't have the right size so I guess I will be going to do an in store Shell offer tomorrow. That will give me 4, metro on Friday and an amazon cat food order online that has already posted. Dollarama I got some earbuds foe our trip and a $50 disney GC (that stupid cardboard kind so not sure I want to risk taking the silver bit off it).

And had a nice birthday lunch for kiddo who turned 14 yesterday!
Yeah I hate those cardboard gift cards too.
I learned the hard way to not scratch ,,,rub gently very gently with a coin like a lottery ticket. The one I messed up I was able to use at Disney 2 weeks ago as they just ran the card thru the card reader and it worked ,,I did take the receipt with me but didn't need it. Good luck.

Hugs mel

P.S.
Happy Birthday to your son!!
They grow so fast.
🎂 🎂 🎂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter