Shopkick issues?

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
I have found in the last 2 months that shopkicks is either posting my receipt kicks at the 48 hour mark or not at all. Right now I have a receipt that I uploaded on 8/16. I gave it to 8/19 (no kicks) and then sent in a help ticket. Still nothing by last night. So, I sent another. This is not the first time. It makes me think that they are now hoping I will give up.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I really enjoy shopkicks (way over swagbucks) so I am sad that it is becoming like this!

Carrie

I would double check your recent kicks. I had a receipt that they gave me the points for but I never received that pop up bubble telling me they gave me the kicks. Most recently it's been issues with the walk-in kicks that are really bad for me.

DisArmy...me too on walk ins. I never get Marshalls now. I have done everything on their technical suggestions and nothing works. I have emailed the technical and asked why or help and nothing. I can get walk ins for Target that very same day but not Marshalls, Yankee Candle or H&M. Weird. They have also replied to me that if I have a receipt for that day, that if I email them, they will give me the walkins. I have done that twice and they did not credit me.

I have checked and it is definitely not posted. I have 3200 due so once it does post, I will be up for a card.

I have a theory that once you get X number of gift cards they do this to slow you down. I am going to test this theory this week with my daughter's app! I will let you know.

Or, they have fired a crap load of people that approves the receipts???? ha

I was worried that the recipt for the ribs didnt take so i did it twice. It kicked one back sating i could only do it once. I hope whats going on with you doesnt happen to me.

I went to shopkicks questions part to try to find where it said 48 hours. I remember seeing this a couple of times in the past. I did not see it. I am wondering if it has changed now. That is why I always wait over 48 hours. I also read something about contacting them if it does not post by the date that is stated...I can't find anywhere where it says a date that my receipt kicks will post by.

I purchase items because of the value of receiving the kicks (and the fact we will definitely use) so it kind of makes me made having to nag or be concerned!

I went to shopkicks questions part to try to find where it said 48 hours. I remember seeing this a couple of times in the past. I did not see it. I am wondering if it has changed now. That is why I always wait over 48 hours. I also read something about contacting them if it does not post by the date that is stated...I can't find anywhere where it says a date that my receipt kicks will post by.

I purchase items because of the value of receiving the kicks (and the fact we will definitely use) so it kind of makes me made having to nag or be concerned!
I dropped Shopkick because correcting their mistakes and doing their job for them got to be too much work for me.

I dropped Shopkick because correcting their mistakes and doing their job for them got to be too much work for me.

Searc, yea, it wasn't that way a few months ago for me. It was pretty quick to post and enjoyable. They also answered emails quickly. I have acquired over 30 cards with them and it is really nice for our Disney trip.
Are you using any other app?

Searc, yea, it wasn't that way a few months ago for me. It was pretty quick to post and enjoyable. They also answered emails quickly. I have acquired over 30 cards with them and it is really nice for our Disney trip.
Are you using any other app?
No.

I have had trouble with walk-ins lately. I’ve been able to get the kick by clicking on the link for “I’m having trouble with my walk-ins” and answering a couple questions.

Recently, I emailed about missing receipt kicks. After about a week, I got an email apologizing for not getting a response because they were super busy. They said they were giving me 1500 kicks(!) over a 100 kick issue! I got those kicks within the 7 day time frame they gave me.

CinderMelly, wow! That is nice!

So mine came through today. Not sure if they read this board (ha!) or read my email or maybe this is now how long it takes now. I submitted on 8/16 and they posted on 08/21.

I used to sometimes get the kicks an hour or two after uploading the receipt.

I uploaded a receipt last week that should have got me 750 kicks. They sent it back almost a week later saying they couldn't find the item. I submitted a help claim telling them exactly where it was on the receipt, exactly how it was listed, and how much it cost so hopefully I'll get my kicks.

I uploaded a receipt last week that should have got me 750 kicks. They sent it back almost a week later saying they couldn't find the item. I submitted a help claim telling them exactly where it was on the receipt, exactly how it was listed, and how much it cost so hopefully I'll get my kicks.
Ydnameht, I have never had them not credit me. This has happened to me almost every receipt lately. I will usually attach a picture to my help email and include the receipt and some part of the product close to the receipt that is in question.

It is becoming more of a pain but since we have a trip in December and the gift cards are paying for a lot of the extras on our trip, I will keep going!

I am just confused on why it is now becoming so difficult. The walkins don't work and the receipts are so much work.

I do not believe SHOPKICKS is a viable or dependable site any longer.
They suck actually.

Sadly, I am thinking so too. I can keep scanning but the receipt thing is becoming horrible.
After I posted this, I finally did get my kicks. So, I bought a few things at Walmart (that I had coupons and we would use). I submitted the receipt and it was 1950 kicks. 2 days later I went to look at it and it had not posted BUT the amount had dropped to 950 kicks and I could not open the receipt??? I emailed them. Then yesterday morning, I looked and it dropped to 650 kicks and I still could not open it still. I emailed them again.

I am done doing receipts. Hopefully they reply. I have not received a reply yet. I might end up writing BBB. I did that with Swagbucks.

My Shopkick experience has been the exact opposite. It is one of the most reliable earning apps I have. I am using it more and more lately. I hope these problems are isolated rather than the norm; and I hope you get better service from them in the future.

My Shopkick experience has been the exact opposite. It is one of the most reliable earning apps I have. I am using it more and more lately. I hope these problems are isolated rather than the norm; and I hope you get better service from them in the future.

Just curious Narnia_girl, how long have you been using Shopkicks?
I am kind of wondering if they "slow you down" by using tactics? I have 31 cards and use it regularly. I have noticed the last month that my receipts are taking forever. My sister is having the same issue too. I went to BBB and read some of the same complaints too. Some people were going for huge amounts and would get kicked off right before cashing in. I never do that with any app. I go for the $25, cash in, and transfer the card quickly. Just in case.

Just curious Narnia_girl, how long have you been using Shopkicks?
I am kind of wondering if they "slow you down" by using tactics? I have 31 cards and use it regularly. I have noticed the last month that my receipts are taking forever. My sister is having the same issue too. I went to BBB and read some of the same complaints too. Some people were going for huge amounts and would get kicked off right before cashing in. I never do that with any app. I go for the $25, cash in, and transfer the card quickly. Just in case.

$25 is also my limit, I always cash out at that or below on any app. I've been using Shopkick since summer 2015 and have earned 12 gift cards. Most of that time was casual user, but as I mentioned, I've been trying to be more active lately. I live in a semi-rural area so my check-in and scan options are limited.

I just sent an email this morning to Shopkick about not getting credit for some purchases at Target. Bought 3 "kicks" items on 8/24 and submitted receipt same day. On 8/28, only got kicks for Item C and resubmitted receipt again for Items A & B (this time highlighted). On 8/29, only got kicks for Item A. Couldn't re-submit the receipt because Item B was no longer an option. So I emailed them this morning with the receipt.

The problems for me seem to be intermittent. Sometimes, I'll purchase my kicks items separately so those are the only things on the receipt. I need to do that more often. I certainly never throw away any receipts until after I get all of my kicks that are due.

I think that this past Amazon Prime Day killed them. I had purchased all sorts of things (thankfully nothing $$$) and never saw the kicks even hit my account and I made triple sure I was going in via the Shopkick app. I also got the apology about "being busy" and 1500 kicks (which was more than I would have gotten from my Amazon purchases). However, since then Amazon is no longer a merchant with them.

I've gotten 22 cards from them since I started. At the moment, I've working on a $100 Lowe's gift card, which I'm about 8500 kicks from earning.

For me, this is still the better option for earning gift cards. I'm not able to do as many drive-by "walk-ins" as before, but I should be getting out of my car anyway for those. Scanning items is still working and easy. Plus it gets me out of the house and walking some. At least any TJMaxx purchases show up instantly.

Euby, you sound like me! Since I started this thread, I finally got the 1950 SKs yesterday. It was the weirdest situation (could not open the receipt, kicks dropped from 1950 to 950 and then then 650).
Then I opened Shopkicks yesterday and the 1950 pops up. I never got a reply to any of my emails either.
So now I have a 250 SK submission from 08/27 that has not credited. I will give it a couple of more days.
There are a couple of items that I like to purchase at Walmart for kicks and now I am concerned about the effort to get the kicks. I will still do it but i put the receipt on the frig until they post and I do not use the item until then either.
I try to always do Best Buy every week, to me that is free money. I am quick at it too.
I go into Walmart enough that just scanning is good exercise and easy kicks.
I will keep doing Shopkicks but I am now hesitant to brag about it as much. The receipts are a pain. I just don't understand why they went downhill. They were good about submission and replying to issues about 6 months ago.
Be careful with the large cards, I did read a lot of people getting kicked off right before they earned them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter