Shopping around the world ideas needed

ShelliRenee

Disney Princess trapped in a fat girl's body!
Greetings Disney Hive mind!

I am in need of ideas about some "one of a kind" shopping around the world ideas. I am wanting to do a unique around Epcot shopping for a gift for my DH. Our first trip to Epcot together, we picked up a nick-nac from each country that is displayed on a shelf with pictures. I was thinking about doing a sweet treat from every country, but then thought I bet you there are other shopping around the world ideas...so please provide me with some ideas!

Thanks!

If you celebrate Christmas, how about a Christmas ornament (or something you can put on a tree) from each country. I also have mug and magnet collections - I like those because I see or use them every day and it always reminds me of our trips. My DH likes to buy cologne in EP, but that can get expensive really fast!

If you celebrate Christmas, how about a Christmas ornament (or something you can put on a tree) from each country. I also have mug and magnet collections - I like those because I see or use them every day and it always reminds me of our trips. My DH likes to buy cologne in EP, but that can get expensive really fast!

Great ideas...I agree Cologne can get expensive even after one country!

I'm going to suggest my favourite, but it's not from a country. I love Figment (can you guess from my handle?), but most of his stuff is only available at the Imagination pavillion.

Even if you don't go on the ride (that's crazy, why wouldn't you?:goodvibes), stop by the gift shop and pick up something, even if it's just a magnet, with Figment on it.

I'm going to suggest my favourite, but it's not from a country. I love Figment (can you guess from my handle?), but most of his stuff is only available at the Imagination pavillion.

Even if you don't go on the ride (that's crazy, why wouldn't you?:goodvibes), stop by the gift shop and pick up something, even if it's just a magnet, with Figment on it.

I love Figment as well. I just don't think that would be a good gift for my DH.

My daughter did a shop around the world a couple years ago. She went to one of the kids working in the land and asked them what their favorite treat from home was for sale in the shop and bought that. She brought them all home with her and gathered her friends for a tasting party and then scrapbooked the wrappers and pictures of them trying everything. She got a lot of good interaction from the kids working the shops as they argued about what she should get and had fun not only shopping but also with her try these foods party.

I just saw my DS11's fez from the Morocco pavilion and it made me think you could do a hat from each country?!

It could get expensive, but how about t-shirts? Seems my H can never get enough of those, lol.

We've done the "sweet treats from around the world" thing...it was a lot of fun and fairly inexpensive! :)

I don't think you should do the same thing at each country, make it a trip around the world with various goodies. The snacks in Japan are amazing but I love the little colorful knick knacks in Mexico. In Norway, they have some really pretty ornaments and in Germany a Beer Stein is a lot of fun. France is another fun one for snacks or cologne or even a bottle of something fun for the future. In Morocco, we love getting something decorative for the house, Italy is all about a bottle of Rosa Regale to remember the trip by, we also get a couple glasses to drink and take a picture with on the bridge! Basically we just go from country to country and pick up something that we love or enjoy and make one big World Showcase basket with and we gift this to my parents and one for the in-laws every year and after doing this forever we have figured out exactly what we want for ourselves each time! If you keep it the same thing to buy in each country, you may end up with a lot of stuff you don't even really want but felt like you needed to get it in order to buy something.
Italy: Rosa Regale
United Kingdom: Tea
Mexico: Pottery
United States: Ornament, Pin
Canada: Candy
Norway: Ornament
Japan: Candy, Tea Set
China: Ornament, Shoes (me), Candy, Tea
Morocco: Household Decor
Germany: Beer Stein, Gummy Bears (they have an assortment of them)
France: Wine, Cologne, Snacks

I did a shadow box of items around the world. Mexico- magnets, Norway- trolls in Viking ship, China- chop sticks in box, Germany- wooden ornament of guy holding pretzel and beer stein, Italy- mask pins, USA- wooden eagle, Japan - fan, Morocco- rug post card and finger symbols, France- Ratatouille tin, UK- Palace Guard ornament, and Canada- totem pole. It took a couple of attempts but Michael's was able to mount everything in a custom shadow box.

We did a simple, inexpensive, and fun exercise five or six years ago. Each country sells a flag pin, and we collected them all one day. When we got home, we mounted them on black felt and framed them. As I type this, I am looking at the memento we created still hanging on my home office wall. Glance at it whenever I need a smile!

What about small shot glasses from each country. You could add to the collection then with more from the different parks. They even have them specific to different resorts now. We have a collection of them and they are fun to display without taking up too much space.

What about small shot glasses from each country. You could add to the collection then with more from the different parks. They even have them specific to different resorts now. We have a collection of them and they are fun to display without taking up too much space.

This is what I will do...he loves shot glasses. Thanks for the idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter