Shopping at Disney?

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
I have a couple questions about shopping at Disney and shopping for Disney stuff in general. We will have a car with us, and I've heard something about an outlet store with lots of Disney stuff. Is this true and where is it?

Also, has anyone been to DTD recently and been to the gardening store? Last year they had these Mickey shape topiaries that you could plant at home, anyone seen those lately? We just bought a house and now I have yard to put one in! My DH will roll his eyes so hard they'll get stuck!

D4D

I don't know about the topiaries, but there is an outlet store right outside of DTD. It is off of 535 down Vineland St I believe. Just follow the signs for Mary, Queen of the Universe and you will find it. There are also 2 outlet stores at the Belz mall. HTH!!!
Julie

I was at the garden store in March. They all sorts of different topiaries you could buy. I really contemplated it. I was afraid I'd kill it, which would just break my heart. So, I didn't get one.

There is a character warehouse, or something to that effect. I've never been there, but I know others here have. So I'm sure someone can help you on that one.

Yes, there is a Disney Outlet at the Orlando Premium Outlets, "sort of" across the street from DTD. Directions are here. I believe it's called Character Corner, right across from the Universal Studios outlet.

I appreciate the replys! I wanted one of the topiaries before but I had no place to put it. I'm afraid of killing it too, but if I do, I'll just cover it with fake ivy. I wonder what my DH will think of having that in the yard!

I think the hotel I'm staying at, the Caribe Royale Resort, is right next to that outlet. They might have a shuttle that goes there, I think I remember reading that.

Thanks again! If I get a topiary and it works out, I'll take pics and show you guys!

D4D

I visited the "official" outlet stores on my last trip and I don't think I will again. They had mostly merchandise from past events that didn't sell during the event (marathon t-shirts, marathon watches, etc - the marathon was the month prior to my visit). And they mostly had past dated merchandise. We were there in Feb 2004 and all of the 2003 merchandise was at the outlets.

For as little as I found that I actually bought, It wasn't worth the time to take the trip. Also, merchandise that was also available at the parks and DTD was the same price as on site.

Now, if you have kids and they don't care that the shirt has "2003" on it as long as Pooh is on it, then it might be worth it for you.

I guess they have to sell their old merchandise somewhere. Right before the millenium I got a Disneyland sweatshirt from an outlet mall here in Pennsylvania. They had all kinds of Disneyland stuff, I guess they were clearing our for 2000.

I only have five days for Disney, which doesn't feel like enough. We do have a car so we will have to play this one by ear.

D4D

BTW, I asked DH if I could get one of the Mickey topiaries and he didn't bat an eye, just said yes! I thought he would roll his eyes and vomit! I guess some of the Disney magic is rubbing off on him! :love2: + :wizard: = :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter