Shopping at Val D'Europe....

mickeyetta

Earning My Ears
On out last trip to DLP (March 2003) we intended but never got around to going to the shopping centre at Val D'Europe and La Valee etc. There was a leaflet in our room telling us about it and if we were interested to ask at reception and transport would be arranged.

Bearing in mind that the bank manager (Also known as my husband) has agreed to DLH Castle club (as a treat for me the disney nut) for our next trip in march, and he's the shopping girlie out of the two of us I thought i'd make the effort and take him shopping this time around, as a treat for him.

Question time now...

Does anyone know what happens when Disney arrange transport... do they have a regular shuttle bus or is it more likely to be "we'll get you a taxi there you make your own way back!" Or will they point us towards the train station as I understand it's one stop down the RER line.

Does any one know what the prices are like there... much like outlet places in the UK, or more expensive?

Thanks all !! :wave:
Mickeyetta :earsgirl:

Not sure but I think there's a bus takes you there as they now have shuttle buses connecting to some of the hotels etc. nearby. We go on Sunday and are staying near Val d'Europe - when I get back I could let you know whether it's worth the trip. :cool1:

Hi Mickeyetta,

I must admit I thought you could catch the train there - it's only one stop away I thought?

I've never been there before so can't help about the prices, shops etc.

Anyone else?

Thanks for yor help guys.... It looks like most people around here are true to their "Disney Religon" and dont stray from the parks and waste time at v'al D'Europe! :rotfl:

Thanks for the offer eileds it would be wonderful if you could let me know how your shopping trip goes!
Oh and whilst your over there be sure to give ::MickeyMo a big :love2: from me!!

Ta muchly
Mickeyetta :earsgirl:

It was in our plans to spent some time here, especially as we had the car.

Unfortunately we got somewhat distracted with the troops :sick:

Reid

When we went we caught the train, didn't take very long at all. Didn't think much when we got there though, just normal shops - don't know why we thought it would be any different really!

I think there is some confusion about the Val d'Europe Shopping center (http://www.valdeurope.fr) . There are TWO malls there. One is called Val d'Europe and is a normal full price shopping center with standard french stores. Its large and indoors. At the end of the Val d'Europe Shopping center is La Vallee Village (http://www.lavalleevillage.com/lavallee/home.asp?lan=en ) . This is an outdoor mall and is a factory direct discount center. If you take the RER to Val d'Europe you just walk to the end of the Val d'Europe mall and exit the door next to Mc Donalds. This leads right into the outdoors discount shopping mall.

La Vallée Village is linked to the Disney hotels by the dedicated La Vallée shuttle bus. Information is available from the concierge at each hotel.

As far as prices are concerned, the standard mall is just that so it has normal french brands and prices. The outlet mall has good discounts but if you peruse the website you will see that the brands are high end. Dont expect a pile of t-shirts for 1 euro each. The shopping experience is more like shopping in a real boutique where things just happen to be really marked down. Its not a mass hysteria dig through racks and piles kinda place. I personally really like it and have gotten some good deals.

Hi Morgan

very well put. Knew that someone could describe the experience exactly :)

Reid

Exactly as Morgan says. Very large shopping centre - just like ours here. There's a very large supermarket. La Vallee is very pleasant to walk through - hardly anyone there when we went - we went in a couple of the shops but we would have been buying for buying sake so didn't bother. There are plenty of places to grab something to eat/drink.

If you have a couple of hours you want to kill then go, otherwise I wouldn't personally bother :cool1:

Thanks for the web links MorganB it's good to know what's there before we go!!

MorganB said:
La Vallée Village is linked to the Disney hotels by the dedicated La Vallée shuttle bus. Information is available from the concierge at each hotel.

I've booked tickets for the Sealife Centre for our next visit, am I right in thinking that too is in the same area, I thought we would have to go by train, but could we also take the free Shuttle bus ? :earsgirl:

jillrobinson said:
am I right in thinking that too is in the same area, I thought we would have to go by train, but could we also take the free Shuttle bus ? :earsgirl:

The Sea Life center is in the main mall. It is located one level down from ground floor. You access it from the food court where McDonalds is. The food court is right next to La Vallee Village so yes by all means take the bus. It will let you off much closer than the RER which is a the other end of the main mail.

Enjoy! :sunny:

We enjoyed our visit to the Sea Life center. We went with our friend and her young daughter, who just loved it!

Woody

We've never really had enough time to visit before - I like to spend as much time as possible in the parks, but we've got 6 days next time so I promised the boys we'd squeeze it in.
Incidently if anyone is thinking of going it also qualifies for "Kids Go Free", if you prebook tickets.

The supermarket is great and much cheaper for drinks and snacks.
We never got any further, but shareholders card members get a discount book if you ask.

We also visited last time, the supermarket is brilliant for provisions, especially for those of you with babies, as they are much cheaper than what you have to pay in the Disney shops or the Santa Fe Service station. The main Mall and outlet village are not really that far removed from their equivalents here, mostly the same brand names plus a few more French ones. Not really worthwhile imho.

MY SIL loves shopping, and she wasn't too impressed by the outlet village!!

I personally really like La Vallee. River Woods had all their fall collection 70 percent off the already discounted price which made for some really good deals. Timberland was 50 percent off the already discounted price. It was so cheap because it's sale time in Paris. Outside of those sales they do still have other sales at the outlet. If it's not on sale the discount is around 35 percent off the original price. I think the best thing to do is look at the brands. If you like the brands you will surely find something. Its fairly high end so you arent going to find dirt cheap prices. I bought a pair of timberland shoes for 37 euros yesterday at the outlet.

She didn't have much time to spend there, so she didn't really get a chance to sniff out the bargains!! But then if you've only got a couple of days to visit DLP, you don't really want spend too much of that time shopping!!

I'm sure it's a great place to visit if you live near by!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter