Shopping for the Plus Sized Gentlemen

Does anyone know where to get larger sizes for disney world apparel at disney world

One of my biggest frustrations is the limited sized options for those of us who have a large body habitus

I've heard @DisneyKevin say that its very difficult to find Disney merchandise in his size. Good luck with the search.

I find a lot of 2XL easy to find, however larger can be difficult to locate. In the past I've asked what looks like a non-college program CM if they have my size and the next day there is some out if you happen to see somethign you like and know you can circle back the next day (like your doing 2 days at MK for example). Certain things like the country brands found around epcot may never have them as they tend to not have larger countrymen so they just don't make it above 2XL. Keep in mind those are regular brands that you can usually order somewhere online if it's not disney branded. (some of the disney branded is standard though so don't count it out).

Another interesting trick is using the shop disney parks app. Not everything is in the app but you can scan the bar code, order it from the app in whatever size you need (usually, not everything has larger sizes). When standing in the park, there is options to have it waiting for you at the front of park (need to order/pay early in the day), your resort (takes a couple days to get to the resort as normal), or shipped home :) The shipped home works from outside the park as well including after you get home. Also I tend to find the merch on the shop disney parks app to also be on amazon or other stores for less money, even the exclusive park only stuff.

And last, take a picture and ask guest relations where you can find it when you go to exit the park that night or happen to be passing it. It's not well know but you can actually call them after you leave to get anything from the park mailed to you for a service fee.

It can be tricky but your best bet would be at World of Disney in the Springs and Disney Clothiers at DHS. I'd also recommend searching using the shopping app.

I find a lot of 2XL easy to find, however larger can be difficult to locate. In the past I've asked what looks like a non-college program CM if they have my size and the next day there is some out if you happen to see somethign you like and know you can circle back the next day (like your doing 2 days at MK for example). Certain things like the country brands found around epcot may never have them as they tend to not have larger countrymen so they just don't make it above 2XL. Keep in mind those are regular brands that you can usually order somewhere online if it's not disney branded. (some of the disney branded is standard though so don't count it out).

Another interesting trick is using the shop disney parks app. Not everything is in the app but you can scan the bar code, order it from the app in whatever size you need (usually, not everything has larger sizes). When standing in the park, there is options to have it waiting for you at the front of park (need to order/pay early in the day), your resort (takes a couple days to get to the resort as normal), or shipped home :) The shipped home works from outside the park as well including after you get home. Also I tend to find the merch on the shop disney parks app to also be on amazon or other stores for less money, even the exclusive park only stuff.
And last, take a picture and ask guest relations where you can find it when you go to exit the park that night or happen to be passing it. It's not well know but you can actually call them after you leave to get anything from the park mailed to you for a service fee.

Great idea about using the app, and I'm glad this is available now. I'm a larger person, and when I used to go, I started asking CM's if certain shirts I liked were available in larger sizes backstage.....had varying results, and sometimes I had to wait LONG periods of time, depending on how busy the shop was, how many CM's were working, how familiar they were with stock, etc. I had better luck with the "larger" shops, such as the Emporium, or Mouse Gear, World of Disney was "iffy" because usually SO busy/crowded, CM's always seemed "harried" (and that was way before the recent expansion!!). I also usually had pretty good luck with Rock 'n Roller Coaster (LOVE Steven Tyler!!!) :), usually not so much with Test Track, never with Imagination (for Figment stuff) :) just to name a few. I also found (and still find) Disney's sizes sometimes tend to run "small", especially in plus sizes, and especially after washing. I tend to like stuff "roomy", so usually order t-shirts (which is the bulk of what I purchase for myself) in a size larger than I usually wear, and have pretty good luck.

Its been a few years since we bought on property, but we had luck at what others had mentioned...however it is mostly the shirts with the year. I just googled and there is some selections online like Amazon, target.com, JC Penny, and Kohl's at reasonable prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter