• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Short camping trips

Memph1s

DIS Veteran
I was wondering how many locals go and camp for just one night. We live about 90 miles away and are PAP holders so we go over often. We did this past weekend and it worked out well. As long as its a slow time of year you can get your site early AM and not have to wait until 1 PM. We got a full hookup site for $21 and had the camper setup by 9 AM and were off to the parks. Its nowhere near as fun as staying a week or longer but at the cheap rate its hard to find a hotel I would be willing to stay at and we are on property and can do 1 park in the morning go back to camp for lunch, hit a water park for a couple of hours and then a second park at night.

Gotta Love it, Do you make reservations in advance or just wing it and go for it??

We have done this in the past and currently are having severe Fort withdrawals

Yes, We get reservations before we go but last weekend we did not get booked until Friday afternoon. I don't want to pull the popup over and not get a site on property. I would rather stay in a hotel for just one night if we are going to have to be off property anyway. But from now until Thanksgiving week with exception of Halloween week will be very slow and pretty easy to get in, even on the weekends. Love being so close and able to take advantage of the slow season.

Is there a code for the $21 rate? What are the dates? Thanks!
TomM

No, there was no code but it was a Florida residents rate and was supposed to be for a partial hookup but they upgraded us to us to a full hookup site to get us closer to a comfort station .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter