Short nap on monorail

Nicnicnic.nic

Mouseketeer
Taking my 3.5 yo daughter for first trip to WDW. She still naps almost every day. For our Magic Kingdom Day I didn't want to take the bus back to AoA. She's good as long as she takes a short nap, I swear even like 15mim is good enough. Has anyone used the monorail as a nap spot? She sleeps really well in the car so wondering if it's similar.

Would she sleep through people getting on & off the monorail at various stops? You can ride as long as you like, but it can get noisy.

Taking my 3.5 yo daughter for first trip to WDW. She still naps almost every day. For our Magic Kingdom Day I didn't want to take the bus back to AoA. She's good as long as she takes a short nap, I swear even like 15mim is good enough. Has anyone used the monorail as a nap spot? She sleeps really well in the car so wondering if it's similar.
she sleeps good in car but how does she do when car stops and starts. noise of people getting on or off maybe even in your car

Stroll over to the lobby and on the bottom floor of the Contemporary. Its always cool and quiet down there. Did many a kids nap there.
That's a great suggestion! It's better than the monorail which stops and starts and has on-board announcements every few minutes. And it'll be more comfortable for the adults(s) involved. Refreshments, restrooms, and more comfortable seating than the monorail.

My DD napped on every mode of dis transportation between last summer and this one. Def agree on the contemporary lobby or there is a floor that is practically deserted except for some couches, second floor I think. Even though it can be loud the ferry back and forth to any of the available resorts is nice for napping as well...not as loud people wise and a lovely way to relax for the grown ups as well.
Busses are not to be overlooked either, just avoid the typical midday break and get as close to the back as possible.

My DD napped on every mode of dis transportation between last summer and this one. Def agree on the contemporary lobby or there is a floor that is practically deserted except for some couches, second floor I think. Even though it can be loud the ferry back and forth to any of the available resorts is nice for napping as well...not as loud people wise and a lovely way to relax for the grown ups as well.
Busses are not to be overlooked either, just avoid the typical midday break and get as close to the back as possible.
Great ideas. The bus might be good for mine since it's similar to a car

My daughter napped on the monorail. It was our MK day and we ate a late breakfast at Chef Mickey’s. Then she took a nap and we rode it around for 2 loops. She also napped in Carousel of Progress.

Stroll over to the lobby and on the bottom floor of the Contemporary. Its always cool and quiet down there. Did many a kids nap there.

Even better would be the next level up from the lobby, where the check-in desk for California Grill is. This area has convention center rooms that generally seem unused, and there is a good deal of seating. It’s very quiet. I’ve used this area to do business calls occasionally.

Even better would be the next level up from the lobby, where the check-in desk for California Grill is. This area has convention center rooms that generally seem unused, and there is a good deal of seating. It’s very quiet. I’ve used this area to do business calls occasionally.
We had my kids rest there when they were 3. They didn't sleep but it was a cool place to lay and watch a tablet while I closed my eyes 😴:laughing:

It depends on the child. If your child can fall asleep peacefully while tired in a public location, then yes. We just visited with one and *thought* he would do a quick monorail nap because he is such a calm naptaker at home, but instead he was so wired while tired that he was a most unpleasant passenger. It really just depends.

When our daughters were still in strollers we used to wander aimlessly around the parks to get them to take a nap. Literally just kept walking until they fell asleep. Then DH and I could sit somewhere cool and have something to eat or a drink, etc.

Sure, that could work. When the monorail stops, you can just stay on it and ride it for as long as you would like.

My 4 year old fell asleep in her stroller on the boat every time. Probably a much more peaceful/relaxing break for the adults too 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter