• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Short on points....suggestions.

For planning purposes and with the new 2021 point chart, I am coming up 29 points short for a complete week, using all my points, banked and borrowed, to secure a BWV 2 br and another studio with BW view for the week I want to book. What are some options? I'm assuming standard would not be available. I know that is an option and I'd have plenty of points for that.

You could see about getting a transfer but most members want to transfer more points due to the once a year rule.

You could to rent a few nights from another owner and have it linked to your own reservation.

Other than that, the only option is to cut down to 6 nights.

At this point, our dates aren't fully decided. We used to be able to sneak in that first full week of June, but that seems to be an issue with the June 2021 point chart. I will know better when the school calendars are released, which usually happens around April, so July 2020 is my booking month. I could try to walk the standard view. I hadn't considered that. I did that once before two trips ago for a Grand Villa.

I just glanced at the calendar, and my question may be moot. Our grandkids are in NC and PA. PA usually goes a bit later, but it would appear that if their last day is the fourth, or that week, we will be able to get the accommodations we need with the points we'll have.

I tend to overthink things sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter