Short Trip Feb 3-5 - Recommendations Welcome!

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
We're taking a last-minute trip (decided today) to Disneyland February 3-5. Haven't booked a hotel yet but I think the options are Disneyland Hotel or Courtyard Theme Park entrance (bunch of others are sold out). Disneyland Hotel is about $500 more for the two nights, though we'll get early entry on the 4th. Any thoughts on which makes more sense? $500 seems like a lot for 30 minutes early entrance, but I can be convinced it's worth it.

We'll get to the resort around noon on the 3d and will have the rest of the day, then a full day on the 4th. No park day on the 5th--traveling back home that day. If we book Disneyland Hotel we'll take advantage of early entrance on the 4th to California Land.

Should we purchase genie plus? We haven't been to any Disney park in several years and wondering if we should get it and what we can expect on February 3d for wait times, crowds, etc.

Thanks!

Based on what others have shared, the 30 minute early entry is probably not worth $500.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...disneyland-new-schedule.3935604/post-65273490

What are the ages and interests of the people in your group? With two days, I would do both Genie+ and park hoppers. If you get into DCA early, you will probably want to hop back over to Disneyland in the early afternoon.
Wife and I, so old(er) folks. We've been to Disneyland before but its been a long time. We'll want to hit the headliners as much as possible and with as little wait as possible. I've been most of the rides before, but not the new Star Wars rides and would like to do both.

Wife and I, so old(er) folks. We've been to Disneyland before but its been a long time. We'll want to hit the headliners as much as possible and with as little wait as possible. I've been most of the rides before, but not the new Star Wars rides and would like to do both.
Genie+ will get you a Lightning Lane entry to the Millennium Falcon and many other popular rides. You're aware that you'll have to buy a separate Individual Lightning Lane for Rise of the Resistance, right?

Genie+ will get you a Lightning Lane entry to the Millennium Falcon and many other popular rides. You're aware that you'll have to buy a separate Individual Lightning Lane for Rise of the Resistance, right?
No, I wasn't, but I'm not surprised--the Mouse is going to get his money. I assume I do all the reservations at the park and not in advance? And thanks for the heads up.

Use the money saved for Genie +, Rise of the Resistance & Radiator Springs Racer LL and park hoppers.
Question about Genie plus (which I thought might be intuitive but maybe not). I'm trying to purchase tickets only through Disney website, with the park hopper option, and that's all good. But as far as I can tell it isn't giving me the option to purchase Genie plus at the time of the ticket purchase. Is there a way to do that, or do I have to add at the park?

Question about Genie plus (which I thought might be intuitive but maybe not). I'm trying to purchase tickets only through Disney website, with the park hopper option, and that's all good. But as far as I can tell it isn't giving me the option to purchase Genie plus at the time of the ticket purchase. Is there a way to do that, or do I have to add at the park?

The option should be there on the screen after you select your park dates and starting parks.

Got it to work on the app, thanks.

Another question--any restaurants to avoid? And do they still have clam chowder bowls in California Adventure?
They do have clam chowder bowls at Aunt Cass Cafe in San Fransokyo. They also have Japanese curry and mac & cheese bread bowls.

They do have clam chowder bowls at Aunt Cass Cafe in San Fransokyo. They also have Japanese curry and mac & cheese bread bowls.
GeorgiaHoo, note that since you've apparently been to DCA before but not recently, so you may not know this, Aunt Cass Café is the new name for the Pacific Wharf Café. It's still the Boudin restaurant, with their tasty sourdough and clam chowder. (Although they've tweaked the chowder recipe to reflect the new Japanese-American theme of the area.)

And I think I'm going to book the Westin Anaheim. It's not available for booking through Disney's website but available through the hotel website and it's half the price of the Disneyland Hotel.
The westin is a beautiful hotel! I’m not a fan of genie plus, but I do recommend getting it. It makes our days more enjoyable by not standing in crazy long lines. Also highly suggest buying the individual lightning lane for Rise of the Resistance since you mentioned they one was important to you. Have a wonderful time!!

GeorgiaHoo, note that since you've apparently been to DCA before but not recently, so you may not know this, Aunt Cass Café is the new name for the Pacific Wharf Café. It's still the Boudin restaurant, with their tasty sourdough and clam chowder. (Although they've tweaked the chowder recipe to reflect the new Japanese-American theme of the area.)
Thanks! I was confused because Pacific Wharf is what I was thinking of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter