Short Trip - Where we ate

disneymom2one

All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura
Hi all...

We (husband, me, and our nine year old as well as my sister) just returned from a short trip to the World. The main purpose was to show my sister why we love the place so much. Anyway, here's where we ate.

Wednesday - late night- Pop Century food court - We had dessert here when we got in around 10:00. It was wonderful. We had cheesecake, chocolate cake, the "dirt cup" and fruit. All were tasty and fresh which was commendable that late in the day. Pop was still really busy, even then.

Thursday - morning - Pop Century food court - I grabbed some bagels and pastries to bring back to the room. Again the food was really good.

Thursday - lunch - Food and Wine Festival - We loved it. We always do. There's nothing like walking around World Showcase sampling great food you ordinarily don't eat.

Thursday - dinner - Crystal Palace - This was okay. We again had issues with the characters taking a long time to come around. My daughter is mildly autistic and waiting 90 minutes for Tigger was just a mess, especially given that it happened last trip too. The food was great although my picky eater sister didn't find much she liked. But the desserts were fantastic. Afterward, we sat on the porch and watched Spectro and then Wishes - perfect spot for Wishes.

Friday - breakfast - in the room at OKW - bagels and cream cheese from OKW store. Always good and easy.

Friday - lunch - the Plaza at MK - The food was great but this was way too loud for us. We felt crammed in too. We probably won't be back. I think we all had sandwiches of one type or another. The burgers were fantastic.

Friday - dinner - Boma at AKL - We're staying at AKL over Christmas and can't wait. The food here was good. It was really different but we all enjoyed it.

Saturday - breakfast - beignets at POFQ (yes we stayed at three resorts over four nights - don't try this at home but we did it fine) - They were good. My sister is a New Orleanian and she was happily impressed. They're not as good as the ones at home (I grew up there) but are pretty similiar.

Saturday - lunch - Le Cellier - this was a last minute addition when Food and Wine was too crowded. We loved it. Impeccable service and my sister loved the cheese soup. We've done this one before and it's just always dependable. We had salads and soup and bread sticks and loved it all. The service is above and beyond.

Saturday - dinner - Ohana - best meal of the trip. This was our second time here and my sister was completely impressed. We had a great window table. My daughter loved the coconut races and hula dancing and hula hoops. And the food is the best I've ever had on property in 15+ visits. We would do this one any day. It's just really, really good food.

We did a lot, more for my sister than anything else. She leads a very busy and stressful life and this was a nice gift to her for all she does.

I enjoyed your reviews, Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try the beignets, we visited NOLA several years ago and haven't made it back since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter