Short trips day 2

ebutte

DIS-CON Commando
I know the way i wrote the first part was day 1an 2 but seeing we were only at the parks 1 day dose life count outside the parks i ask you?:) Ok next park day

Yes wedid get up at 7:30 after 16 pluss hrs in the park yesterday,i hobbled to the shower an was so glad i poped a few asprin last night before bed. I think im getting old :)

While DH and DD showered i went down to the breakfest room and began to micro some TV dinners that i had in cooler. like isaid earlier i just dont do normal breakfest stuff. DD an DH joined me and we had some of there juice and coffee, grabed some of there fruit for later snack and we are off to see what DCA is all about.
Got there to early for DCA so we did grab another cup of joe and checked lost an found for DH glasses

As we walked throughthe turn stiles 15 till 10 my first impression was it was pretty empty for a Monday and this park seemed to be a cross between MGM and a fair. Oh the greeters were verry friendly and the park was verry clean as well but ok im gonna say this so please know one send flamming arrows my way, i didnt have my usual Disney,ahhh im home feeling , thta magical tingle i get every time i stand at the begining of main street ready to begin my day.

After having to rid myself of my morning coffee Which i must say these restrooms are beauithful the tile on the floor had sammon colors mixed with greens anyway

Off for FP to soaring, because park wasnt quit opened we had to wait here 10 min to get fp
Then DD just had to go on Grissley rapids OH who can say why did i bother with my shower at the hotel??? I was the only one out of our whole raft who had a plastic poncho again ask yourself why?? NO plastic poncho is a match for these rapids!! We all laughted so hard, yea tip here dont spend 1/2 hr curling hair before you go to this park,like i said ponchoc must be a sign to the water gods to drench you because even with protection i was by far the wettest, good thing its a warm day.
After the rapids we headed back for our FP to Soaring OH i LOVE this you can really smaell the orange groves the pine trees two thumbs up from me however DH anDD skiped the non drousy draminine this am and threr ready to loose there breakfest. I dont understand this causenot only is this a beauithful well done ride i have no idea why they are ill. But nothing like a good coaster to cure what alles you
Yep we walked to Paradise pier I think that is what the call the fair area and rode Screaming with a 10 in wait, guys even the most coaster scariecat shuld try this coaster it is sooo smooth the smoothest ive ever been on your head dosent toss or move a bit only thing i would have addded a few cobra rolls and a few more inversions. But really guys a coaster all must try i would put my 70 yr old mother on it ,wait no argument there i tricked her onto R&R last Dec. at MGM. Ok everyone feeling a little better so we opt to ride again another 10 min wait. Now DH is feeling icky again so we dont ride the 3rd time but move down the strip to the sun wheel,
Another ride that ive never seen anywher3e else we must have the cars that move i convince my DH after all if you are really movingit would feel better right?
Well were put into a cage with 2 young boys who thank God were not screamers, but DHwas counting the minutes tilll back on dry land. I thought it was great and so did DD you can really see around the area. Oh yea this ride took 20 min to get on which was looking back at DH a good thing!!
Next we move on to the blaster ride Malstorm, rides just like Dr dooms fear fall at IOA excep no story line or mist-then it hits me thats what this park misses for me,See in my real world Mickey and the gang are great and i look forward to seeing them an being so immersered into that world that i dont think about the world most people find real that lies outside the gates. Are you all following me sorry for being a bad typer and a worser explainer i guess what imtrying to say is so far no fanasicies to jump into.
Well after the launching ride we decided DH needed a break and so did DD im thinking now maybe ive pushed everyone a little to hard trying to fit so much into 3 day quickie trip.
DH really only wated 2 large cokes wich we had DD refill mug from MK yeaterday so we filled it twice for him he dosent look as green DD had the chicken tacos they were ok nothing to write home about i opted for the coconut macroon and some nachos,macroon was great nachos i ended up throwing most away so much cheese sauce the chips were soft an flimbsy.
After are quick lunch break we went over and toured the mission factory,no lines and the flour tortia was the best ive ever eaten.

Then we walked past the wine factory and were gonna come back latter.
I was in some need of Disney magic so we went to TTBAB i did miss waklking into the tree of life but once in the pre show area i was home. Oh how i laugh every time i read the bug posters and listening to the bugs play for us and yes feel the cool underground air!!!Yea!!And believe it or not no cring kids in the show not one. I just love the termite hes sooo cute. Again no wait here really waited for one show to get out and we went in the next. Im surprised by the lines.
Nexy the Muppetes 3D we surrender we surrender im feeling much better now. Again no real wait here we walked into pre show area with 8 min till show time. but who minds waiting when Kermit is enteraining you. I must sanp a picture every time i see this preshow and rat dresses up like mickey its so funny.
Next DH wants to see California Dreaming it was ok good for DD to see history but so so for me.this did give DH a chance for tummy to settle.
Next we went to Anamation Cove?Sorry should have wrote exact name. But this is a verry cool place, Its like a giant theatre with 3 theatres inside, we did brining animation to life. Mushu was awsome he kept me in stitches the whole time for any of you who dont believe these guys are real :) come here!!!

After spending about an hour here we all realised we were tird an hot an not feeling a whole lot of Pixy dust blowing are way which proves my theory the more coffee you consume the more it makes you aware of pixy dust, anyway we saw a wonderful candy store around the corner from Animation so we went in an pick out a few delicious milk choclate macadamia nuts covered in choclate and caramel . Leaving DCA i realised there were great things we hadent got to do being tird and motion sick but i know will be back tommorow and i didnt want to push it anymore with DD an DH being sick. For all who are comming remember DCA dosent have the shade DL has and i think had we drank more H2O and more coffee might have made it further today.we only did 9 at
Then we drug our tird bodies to the tram and on the way back to the hotel we stoped at all places Denneys where we atually had great mushroom swiss burgers fries salad and shared a huge hot fudge brownie sunday all for under 30 $. We got to our room at 7pm thinking we would take a nap and go back in a few hrs well guess whatwe fell aleep all of us and didnt wake up till 7:30 the next am.All in all even though we only did 9 attractions i didnt feel that was a bad day. We hadent waited in any real line and we enjoyed each other, and even though i didnt see Mickey i saw Flick and the gang and the Muppet crew and i saw Mike from monsters!! Good day in my book!!

Isn't the animiation building just great - and Soarin' and Screamin' - sounds like you had a fun day - thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter