Should FW pools be themed

Manatee

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what campers thought, having stayed in the cabins(going back in Jan), i thought the pools were in keeping with the general theme of the campsite, i do not think i would like to see them changed, but then i prefer River Country to the other water parks, strange i know.

The pools are fine considering you just use them to "cool off".

However, I agree that a hot tub or two would be nice.

Rumors continue to run that RC will be reopened as a themed pool for FW. I think this is a prefect fit, and wouldn't cost Disney anything to build it. As I have no compaint about the pools, Disney has said that they plan on revamping all pools to make them handicap accessable. We have seen new pools installed at both the Poly, and GF in the past year, (both accessable). It seems a natural that a FW announcement should be made shortly.

Originally the land that the WL sits on was to be FW part 2, further WL started out to be a plans for a new, larger Pioneer Hall. But preasures from shareholders (ie: Bass Brothers) for more and better land developement changed those plans. (Anyone that has taken the lobby tour of WL has heard this directly from the tour guides mouth). I wouldn't be at all surprised that in the next few year we see some further work done on the land between the two areas tying them together and put under one management structure.

Currently, RC sits as an obstacle between the two resorts. With a modest outlay of capital it would seem that some pathways, additional campsites, or rooms can be built between RC and WL to open up access and tie the two resorts together. Or, the Marinas can be closed at each resort, and a new recreational and waterfront area can be constructed. this may or may not included closing the Meadows area, putting in campsites there, and constructing a new Meadows area between the two resorts.

Just my opinion and thoughts about may favorite resort....FW.

While we are thinking, I wish they'd put a loop of pull-through sites close to the beach--very nice--and make them Vacation Club. I'd buy into it for this!

25 days to go

I definitely think the pools need to be themed. I'm sure I could think of a lot of ideas, why can't they. I'm guessing it's a cost issue. The campsites don't bring in as much money for them, therefore they don't spend the money to draw people. It's the only really good campground in the area, IMHO. The only thing comparable, is the State Parks, but none of those are really close. If you want a great campground, you have no choice but to go there, themed pool or not. (I know some of you like some of the other area campgrounds so don't bash me please, again this is my personal opinion based on past experience. :)) So, it's not like they have to advertise this great recreation area, just to fill the sites!

On the other hand, disputing my own statement, we have been quoted a higher price for campsites at certain times of year than we could have stayed at the AS Resorts for. I know they don't have slides either, but they do have better pools. Also, the people staying in the cabins are definitely paying too much for the pool to be so plain, compared to the other Deluxe Resorts. Again, MHO! We live in FL. and almost all communities have a pool, so we wouldn't even consider wasting our time at FW pools. They're no better than what we have at home. On the other hand, I would be very dissapointed if I arrived from up north expecting to swim in a WDW quality pool and arrived at FW and saw theres. They definitely need a slide. I know that would help to relieve the park conjestion of at least 3 people in the middle of the day (my family)!:D A jacuzzi would also be wonderful, but only in the winter. Our nights don't cool off enough in the summer.

I like the idea of fixing up RC and using it for the themed pool. I personally doubt they would ever do this just for the FW, again a cost issue. Hope I'm wrong! But would be more than happy to share the area with WL, if that's what it takes. There pool's kinda small. They could use another one too. Everyone wins! Right now, with RC closed, I feel like everyone loses. :(

I would very much like to see better pools at FW even if it is just adding a slide or two. The Pool at RC is nice and would be a good fit. The pools as they are now are just too plain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter