• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should Haunted Mansion get a Muppet makeover?

GatorChris

Not of This World
HAHA! I know it'll never happen. But I was watching the Muppet Haunted Mansion last night with the family. It was everything it should've been. Played off the Muppet history, had great cameos, made me laugh out loud the whole time, and was based entirely on the ride at Disney. I know Disneyland every year does a makeover of HM to Nightmare Before Christmas. I can't say I like it, but then I never liked that movie. I know I'm in the minority, but that Nightmare never held any redeeming quality for me. That said, should WDW do maybe a one and done makeover of HM with the Muppets? I know it would be corny. But the HM has ALWAYS been kinda corny.

I know, I know. It's a crazy idea. Disney would never do it. I just feel like the Muppet movie I just watched was worth spilling into the parks. Now....FLAME AWAY!!!! :duck:

While i have heard nothing but good things about the movie (we are saving it to watch this weekend), they better not change a single thing on the ride! It’s too classic. Kind of like when they changed the Enchanted Tiki Room to Iago—DH was so mad, thank goodness they changed it back

No flames, but I would not want to see HM changed in that way. Now, I would certainly love to see Muppet Vision 3D get a makeover to incorporate this theme!

HAHA! I know it'll never happen. But I was watching the Muppet Haunted Mansion last night with the family. It was everything it should've been. Played off the Muppet history, had great cameos, made me laugh out loud the whole time, and was based entirely on the ride at Disney. I know Disneyland every year does a makeover of HM to Nightmare Before Christmas. I can't say I like it, but then I never liked that movie. I know I'm in the minority, but that Nightmare never held any redeeming quality for me. That said, should WDW do maybe a one and done makeover of HM with the Muppets? I know it would be corny. But the HM has ALWAYS been kinda corny.

I know, I know. It's a crazy idea. Disney would never do it. I just feel like the Muppet movie I just watched was worth spilling into the parks. Now....FLAME AWAY!!!! :duck:

First, do not touch my Home Sweet Home! 🖤 💜

Second, we can't even get Disney to give the Muppets what they truly deserve in the parks so let's focus on that. We need more Muppets, but not in the Haunted Mansion.

Third, I LOVED THE SHOW, and plan to watch a few times to catch all the details and nods to the Haunted Mansion. I think it's the first time since Disney bought the Muppets they actually got it right, that they understood the Muppets.

What I want is this to be a series of shows, not weekly but maybe monthly .... and each episode involves a different Disney (any park) attraction that folks love.

I haven't been on the Nightmare overlay, but just based on the movie that seems to fit the mansion's mood. Occasionally jokey, but atmospheric and creepy when it wants to be.

Muppets is like the antithesis of the mansion's tone. It's mostly jokes. It can be serious, but the jokes are the majority of it. It's not creepy.

I don't mind Mansion overlayed with something that fits, but something that completely changes the mood I wouldn't want.

(Also, I really wanted to like that special, but it just wasn't funny to me. I was disappointed.)

I loved the "Muppets Haunted Mansion" movie. And I think the Muppets fit nicely into Liberty Square with the old "Great Moments in American History" show. But that's about as physically close to the actual Haunted Mansion that I'd want them to get. :)

I'm on board.
[...don't get me wrong; HM and Wedway People Mover are my FAVE rides at MK but maybe a seasonal one for Halloween, since they already said that they'd never do a Nightmare overlay at WDW]

Last edited:
I was just going to say... no to a permanent make over, but a holiday overlay would be fun. I love that idea.

....off-topic, but do you know who's behind that Muppet mask?

Disney-Memes-Bernie-and-Muppets.jpg

popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter