• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should i assume that Nov 29th through Dec 6th is going to be crowded?

disneykelly

Everquest/Disney addict
I am booked and ready to go, but it kind of shocked me that the only available space at Pop Century was preferred rooms. (I actually want preferred, but not seeing ANY other rooms available scares me)
Is this just a result of the upcoming pop warner competitions?

So should I prepare myself that it would be insane? I booked just after Thanksgiving thinking that the majority of the crowds would be gone from the holiday time, and the Christmas level crowds would be a couple weeks out.

Any thoughts?

This is 'usually' a pretty good time to go. Yes, you'll have lots of company in the parks, but nothing like the previous week!!

Wow, that's nearly the dates we went in 2015 (Nov. 29th through Dec. 5th).
This is an amazing time to go!
While it's definitely not slow, it's very nice. No shoulder to shoulder people with plenty of room to walk at your own pace.
Monday (30th) through Thursday (4th) were low crowds at all parks. Pirates, Splash mountain, Small World were all 15 minute waits. at MK. Haunted Mansion was a walk on. 7DMT was 45 minutes.
At Epcot, we hit Mission: Space during Illuminations and it was a walk on. Soarin was 1 hour during the day. Not bad all things considered.
At AK, 1 hour before close, Kali River Rapids was a 5 minute wait. Expedition Everest was a 10 minute wait.
The weather was near perfect - in the low 80's when we arrived and slowly cooled off during the week. The lowest it got during the day was about 74.

Friday, the parks got a lot busier. By Saturday (5th), MK was a mad house. 7DMT was almost 2 hours.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thank you!
I've been once before this time of the year back in 03, but I have very little memory of it.
I would have gone out on the Monday, but airfare was 200 dollars more than the Tuesday to Tuesday route.
I expect that MK will be berserk on Saturday Dec 3rd. I plan to go there on that day just because of the full day. So many of the days I am there, the hours are cut short with the ticketed party.
Maybe I will come to my senses between now and then and do something else :)
So should I expect all four seasons as a possibility? I know there won't be snow, but I DO remember my last early December trip that it was misty and cold the entire time.
Like should I pack shorts and long pants/shirts as well for each day?

I know I am a ways out, but I am really looking forward to getting back down. I went in April and the weather went from wonderful to melt your face half way through. Looking forward to the possibility of comfortable again, hopefully!

November/December weather in Disney is so unpredictable. It could be hot, it could be cold, or anywhere in between. We waited a couple days before we went to pack just to see what the weather would be like. The nights are usually cool, so you'll want a sweater or lightweight jacket if you'll be out at night.

We went to the MK on a MVMCP day and did rope drop. So essentially we were there from 9:00 am to 7 in the evening. The crowds were so light that we did just about everything we wanted to do, except for the fireworks.
On Saturday, the crowds start out light but pick up around 10:00. FastPass your favorite rides and you'll do just fine!

November/December weather in Disney is so unpredictable. It could be hot, it could be cold, or anywhere in between. We waited a couple days before we went to pack just to see what the weather would be like. The nights are usually cool, so you'll want a sweater or lightweight jacket if you'll be out at night.

We went to the MK on a MVMCP day and did rope drop. So essentially we were there from 9:00 am to 7 in the evening. The crowds were so light that we did just about everything we wanted to do, except for the fireworks.
On Saturday, the crowds start out light but pick up around 10:00. FastPass your favorite rides and you'll do just fine!
I might end up swapping MK to a party night and do rope drop, and save Saturday for HS or AK. I am planning Sunday night at Epcot and don't think there will be any crowd issues then, but who knows :)

I had never been to Disney during the holidays, so when I planned our park days, I used Touring Plans to check out the crowd calendar.
Surprisingly, it was almost spot on accurate. So If you're stuck as to what park to do and what day, I would check that out.

We are going the same week! We really like the early December time frame, it's our favourite time to go. All the crowd calendars show it should be fairly quiet (as Disney goes!). It's one of those things, though, I guess we will see when we get there!
Clothing wise, I'm pretty happy in jeans, so I usually wear my jeans, bring 1-2 pairs of shorts just in case, and then t-shirts with a few sweaters and light coat/raincoat for the colder days or evenings. One year we needed hats and mitts (and we are Canadian!), but usually it's not that cold!

When I go to WDW in Dec, which I have done every year since '03 except one, this is how I pack, clothing-wise. I fly down in jeans, socks, sneakers, turtleneck, sweatshirt and flannel lined windbreaker. When I get to MCO, the turtleneck and sweatshirt come off and go into my carry-on bag and I put on a short-sleeved shirt.
I pack a second pair of jeans, another turtleneck, a few long sleeved shirts, two pair of capris, and some short sleeved shirts, and another pair of shoes. That way, if it's chilly, I can wear long sleeved shirts and jeans. Then, as it warms up, I can change. I tend to head back to the resort midday anyway, so that's not an issue. It's the night time that it gets really chilly. So, I have a sweatshirt as well.
I learned my lesson years ago....didn't have a sweatshirt with me, it was freezing in the parks. So, I had to pay top dollar for yet another sweatshirt!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter