Should I bother?

purvislets

Disney Crazy Mom of Three!
My inlaws and I called a few weeks ago to book our vacation. We have reservations at Pop Century from 10/8 - 10/12 (two rooms -- one for them, and one for the four in my family). We are seasonal passholders, so don't need to purchase any tickets.

When we called, we asked the CM on the phone to quote us prices for the regular room and also for the room plus free dining. She told us the room only would be $472.52 each. She then quoted $770.52 for the free dining promo (for my inlaws). We thought "A $300 difference definitely isn't worth it" and told her that we wanted the room only.

Come to find out, we were quoted the wrong price. It should have only been around $630.00 for the free dining promo. Plus, we found out that we could transfer our one day base tickets to the cost of renewing our seasonal passes, making the package that much more desirable.

So today, we called to add free dining to our reservations. Now, we're being told that it is no longer available in anything less than a deluxe resort. The girl on the phone was very helpful and said she called Guest Relations to see if anything could be done. She was told that once the number of available packages was gone, then there wasn't anything anyone could do.

I'm considering calling Guest Services myself to see if there is anyone I can talk to about this. We would have purchased the free dining if we'd been quoted the correct price in the first place and I'm a little upset that now we can't do it.

Is it worth my time to call? Is there anything else I can do?

Go ahead a make the call all they can do is say no.if you call 10 times you get many different answers !!!good luck:banana:

I would call, and explain the situation. Guest relations may be able to assist, then again, maybe they can't but on occasion they can substitute another code to offer you something equivilent. It doesn't cost to call, so I would keep calling. BTW, one of my previous trips something similar happened where I was quoted wrong info, so I kept calling until I got someone who was sympathetic and in then end I would up saving quite a bit of money. CALL!

My MIL just got off the phone with the people at Disney. First, she talked to a regular CM to see if any Free Dining rooms had become available. They have not. She then asked him to quote her what the cost would be if they were available, and he told her it would be around $630 (she didn't tell me the exact price). She asked him if he had any idea how the other girl could have come up with $770 and he had no idea.

She was then escalated to his supervisor and explained the situation all over again. It was the supervisor who finally said "She must have quoted you the travel insurance" in reference to the $770 price. The original CM never mentioned anything about travel insurance. We never purchase it, and never ask for it. Plus, she didn't quote it with our room only price so I never would have thought to ask her if it was on the package price. Apparently, all CM's are supposed to let you know that they've quoted travel insurance for you in a price. Ours did not. However, my MIL was told that since it is a "he said she said" situation, there isn't anything she could do because all CM's are "trained to do their job correctly".

My MIL then asked to speak to her supervisor, who apparently was unavailable. We were given an email address to contact her and my MIL is currently typing away, hoping to get some satisfaction out of all of this.

I know that I should just be happy that we are able to go to Disney at all. But now, when I think of all the money that I could have saved if we had been quoted the correct price, it makes me so upset!

I guess all we can do is keep trying, but I'm starting to get bummed out over the whole deal. I just wish I knew I wasn't wasting my time.

She didnt quote the insurance on the room only because its not available, but I feel your pain

Let me tell you about a situation I had recently. I wasn't quoted a wrong price though.

Way back when the buy 4/get 3 promo came out, I booked the vacation at a value resort. Long after the promo ended, we decided we wanted to book a stay at the CBR. I called and was told that they didn't have anything available because the promo ended a long time ago. I hung up and called again. I was told that they could book me in a deluxe resort but the price was way to high.

I thought hum....the last castmember didn't say that anything about me being out of luck because the promo had ended. So I waited a day and called back. This time, I approached the phone call in a totally different way. I told them that I wanted to upgrade my buy 4/get 3 resort. And then, I threw in, for good measure, "I'll be spending more money so you should want to do me this favor.". She asked me if I was willing to upgrade right now if she could do it. I said "absolutely". She put me on hold and I waited about 5 minutes before she came back with good news. I was able to upgrade our resort for just $300.00 more (not bad for 9 nights).

So, maybe you could offer to upgrade to a moderate from a value and they'd be more willing to help you out. Maybe?

My MIL just got off the phone with the people at Disney. First, she talked to a regular CM to see if any Free Dining rooms had become available. They have not. She then asked him to quote her what the cost would be if they were available, and he told her it would be around $630 (she didn't tell me the exact price). She asked him if he had any idea how the other girl could have come up with $770 and he had no idea.

She was then escalated to his supervisor and explained the situation all over again. It was the supervisor who finally said "She must have quoted you the travel insurance" in reference to the $770 price. The original CM never mentioned anything about travel insurance. We never purchase it, and never ask for it. Plus, she didn't quote it with our room only price so I never would have thought to ask her if it was on the package price. Apparently, all CM's are supposed to let you know that they've quoted travel insurance for you in a price. Ours did not. However, my MIL was told that since it is a "he said she said" situation, there isn't anything she could do because all CM's are "trained to do their job correctly".

My MIL then asked to speak to her supervisor, who apparently was unavailable. We were given an email address to contact her and my MIL is currently typing away, hoping to get some satisfaction out of all of this.

I know that I should just be happy that we are able to go to Disney at all. But now, when I think of all the money that I could have saved if we had been quoted the correct price, it makes me so upset!

I guess all we can do is keep trying, but I'm starting to get bummed out over the whole deal. I just wish I knew I wasn't wasting my time.

That is what I was thinking with the rate difference. It is standard protocal. I dont think I've ever been quoted regular rate without insurance when I call, so I know to ask to have it removed and I usually ask for a breakdown of the price as well (room total, ticket total, etc) before I book anything. That is if I dont price it myself online beforehand, I do almost all bookings online so if there is a mistake its one I caused myself. Sorry you are having so much trouble, let us know if you the outcome of MIL's letter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter