Should I bring a stroller from home?

rugrat

Earning My Ears
I have a great collapsable double stroller from DDs 3 and 5. I have heard the strollers at MK are plastic and get really hot. Shouyld I bring my own?

I'd say...definitely YES!! We do and I'm always thankful for that decision. Remember...outside the parks you'll still be doing alot of walking around your resort, Downtown Disney, etc. (don't forget the airport if you fly!):smooth:

Another yes vote, for the same reasons as TracyM mentioned. Plus you won't have to wait in the stroller rental lines and I'm sure your's is much more comfortable than theirs (not to mention the additional cost if you rent from the parks). If you buy stuff you'll have to lug it around with your children as well to the bus, car, monorail or boat. After walking a long day you're not going to want to do that. We always bring our own.

Take your own!! You will be sooo glad you did!!!

Don't know that another reply is nessecary, but ditto on taking your own stroller. If you have any plans outside of the parks, like DD or BW, it is a must...

-Bill

It is so easy to bring your own stroller from home. I roll my stroller (last time I went I had a big double one) right up to the door of the plane and collapse it. The airlines put it somewhere and like magic, when I get off the plane it is sitting right outside the door again. Just put the kids in it at the airport and your off. :)

With your own stroller it is easier to find it after the castmembers "straighten up" the stroller parking areas. The strollers at the park are expensive to rent (I think $15 a day for a double) so save your money.

I would say yes and make sure its small and lightweight. Preferably an umbrella stroller especially if you plan on using Disney transportation. Remember the only problem with the umbrella strollers is they have no canopy unless you can find one with it. Also renting a stroller can add up and the umbrella strollers pay themselves off after about three days.

Absolutely bring your own. They're great getting to the parks from the bus drop-off or parking lot.....even for walking from your hotel room to the bus stop. Every ounce of energy the kids will save by riding will help if the day gets long or it's hot outside. It's also much easier to locate your own, distinctive stroller from the hundreds of rentals that are all alike!

The mistake we made when we bought our umbrella stroller for WDW was that it did not have a canopy and did not recline. Lacking those 2 things really made it difficult. That might be something to consider.

Definitely--although, I agree about the umbrella stroller, the sun was bad on our 3 yo DD and it did not recline, so when she fell asleep (which was every night) it looked like her head was going to fall off and roll away---they are easy to lug around though---

I didn't want anyone to think I was lugging her head around--then what would people think!:confused:

Originally posted by js
It is so easy to bring your own stroller from home. I roll my stroller (last time I went I had a big double one) right up to the door of the plane and collapse it. The airlines put it somewhere and like magic, when I get off the plane it is sitting right outside the door again. Just put the kids in it at the airport and your off. :)

I just wanted to add anytime we brought a stroller we did need a "gate check" for it. It just adds one more step to to what js said, you have to stand in line at the actual gate - not when you check your luggage - and get a little tag to hang on the stroller handle.

And, if you are seated near the very front of the plane and get off quickly, sometimes the stroller has not magically appeared yet. ;) You just have to wait a few minutes until it does.
Actually I watched at the airport yesterday, and while the strong looking young guys were hurrying and throwing all the main luggage around, a chubby older fellow took his time carrying two strollers from a space under the cockpit, around to the stairs and then up to the jetway thing. And people were already getting off the plane.

I am also totally in favor of bringing your own stroller, and will be doing so in October. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter