• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I buy tickets for each day or schedule a day off?

Alexsandra

Ready for the next adventure
Our trip is booked for March 7-14. I am traveling with my husband and two kids (7 and 11 y.o.) and bringing along grandpa and grandma. We will be staying at the Polynesian.

We've been to WDW many times and want to visit at a slower pace this time. We plan on doing some half days at the park to take advantage of the Polynesian's pool and amenities. That being said, I am having trouble deciding between buying a 5 day ticket and scheduling a rest day in the middle of the week or buying a 6 day ticket so that we have the option to head to the park if we felt like it. It is only adds $16 to each of our tickets.

What do you think?

Our trip is booked for March 7-14. I am traveling with my husband and two kids (7 and 11 y.o.) and bringing along grandpa and grandma. We will be staying at the Polynesian.

We've been to WDW many times and want to visit at a slower pace this time. We plan on doing some half days at the park to take advantage of the Polynesian's pool and amenities. That being said, I am having trouble deciding between buying a 5 day ticket and scheduling a rest day in the middle of the week or buying a 6 day ticket so that we have the option to head to the park if we felt like it. It is only adds $16 to each of our tickets.

What do you think?
I'd schedule a day off to sleep in, eat a meal at Ohana, go to the pool, and try out other WDW resort offerings such as miniature golf, etc.

You can always add the extra day later if you really want it. But getting some rest within a weeklong trip is really important to keep enjoying the park experience.

After I got sick (twice! Once as a teenager and then as an adult on our first married trip), we learned our lesson and always schedule a rest day.

I’m staying 9 full days on our next trip and plan to do four park days, two Halloween parties and three rest/shopping days. The kids love to just hang out at the resort and swim and relax all day and spend an evening out for dinner, a show or shopping.

I rarely take a full day off from the parks, but I rarely go from opening to closing. I usually may have a day or two where all I do is a 3-4 hours at the park so I have plenty of downtime to relax.

We almost never take a day off. We're there for Disney, not a hotel or condo pool. Sure, we have days where we only spend 3 or 4 hours in a park, but we always go. Even on our super long summer trip, we may go to Daytona Beach in the morning, but will usually then go to a park at night just for a few hours.

For the cost difference, it's a no brainer to me...take the 6 days.

I would schedule a day off and visit Disney Springs, maybe do a monorail crawl of the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary.

When we don't have APs we always get a ticket for each day of our trip even though we schedule "rest" days. On our rest days we will typically sleep in then go to a water park or Disney Springs or hang out a resort. But in the evening we will typically head to Epcot for dinner or go to one of the parks for the evening fireworks.

I would just buy the 6 day pass. Even if you have a rest day you might want to wander over to MK in the evening. We go for 10 days every 3 years so in our case I book the entire time. If anyone wants to go hit the pool in our case they just go.

I think with short days you can do 6 days at the parks. Keep in mind you can skip the daytime and go back just at night in a park.

We just finished a 6 day park ticket package in December. We only had one long day in the park. Most days we averaged 7 hours doing the extra magic hour in the morning and a lunch in the park. We saw way more than I expected. We scheduled morning FPs and then we got a few extra ones in the afternoon or evening. We didn't feel tired at all with this schedule.

I agree with others I'd go ahead and get the 6 day. We have been going for over 30 years and like others always go to the parks every day if only for a couple of hours. Back when we started going they had what they called length of stay tickets and we just got used to doing it. We even get them for the last day and sometimes only hop in for about a hour to finish shopping.

When we don't have APs we always get a ticket for each day of our trip even though we schedule "rest" days. On our rest days we will typically sleep in then go to a water park or Disney Springs or hang out a resort. But in the evening we will typically head to Epcot for dinner or go to one of the parks for the evening fireworks.

I would just buy the 6 day pass. Even if you have a rest day you might want to wander over to MK in the evening. We go for 10 days every 3 years so in our case I book the entire time. If anyone wants to go hit the pool in our case they just go.

I think with short days you can do 6 days at the parks. Keep in mind you can skip the daytime and go back just at night in a park.

We just finished a 6 day park ticket package in December. We only had one long day in the park. Most days we averaged 7 hours doing the extra magic hour in the morning and a lunch in the park. We saw way more than I expected. We scheduled morning FPs and then we got a few extra ones in the afternoon or evening. We didn't feel tired at all with this schedule.

I agree with others I'd go ahead and get the 6 day. We have been going for over 30 years and like others always go to the parks every day if only for a couple of hours. Back when we started going they had what they called length of stay tickets and we just got used to doing it. We even get them for the last day and sometimes only hop in for about a hour to finish shopping.

You all make a good point. I will book all 6 days and schedule a rest day anyway. It will give me the chance to sleep in, rest, enjoy the pools and then later that evening head to one of the parks for a meal or a night time show.

Where are you buying your tickets? Check the Undercover Tourist ticket prices to see if you'd save any money. Right now they have a 4 day ticket with two extra days 'free'.

Also try this ticket price calculator: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator-disney-world-ticket-discounts#

You can always add the day when you get there if you think you will use it.

Thanks for the suggestion I will check it out. Right now Disney is offering 20% off multi day tickets for Canadian residents which saves me a good $300 USD but I'll check the other sites to to see if I can get a better price.:thumbsup2

You all make a good point. I will book all 6 days and schedule a rest day anyway. It will give me the chance to sleep in, rest, enjoy the pools and then later that evening head to one of the parks for a meal or a night time show.

It's a good plan. We have rest days, like others said, when we sleep in and take our time getting to the park. We would all be annoyed if we couldn't go to the parks every day of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter