Should I change from Dolphin to AKL?

Although this has been said many times AKL!!

It was incrediable. It was our first trip. It was hard adjusting to even POR the next time we stayed onsite.

We are going to AKL 2/9-2/12/03. Our original reservation was for WL. Since I LOVE that sort of atmosphere, it was going to take a lot to get me to move our resie to AKL. Then my darling hubby said "do you suppose we could ever afford to go on a safari to Africa?" and that sinched it. Where else can you put yourself in a country that far away and that magic? The carvings, painting, music are all supposed to be extremely impressive. A lot of the CMs there are from Africa. The nightly story telling around the fireplace sounds wonderful. I have read of others that stayed there and ended up not wanting to go to the parks.
Also, depending on when you go, there are only 100 standard rooms, so if it is not WAY booked, you might get an upgrade.
You are going for the fun and, in the long run, what difference does a few dollars make? Request a fridge ($10 a day extra) and it will pay for itself if you buy milk, cereal, munchies, etc. and eat breakfast and/or evening snacks in your room.
Whatever you do -- IT'S DISNEY -- IT'S MAGIC -- IT'S MEMORIES!

Hello,
My family and I have been to WDW numerous times and enjoy staying at a different resort with each visit. Although we have never stayed at AKL, we have stayed at the Dolphin and it is our consensus favorite. I know that I am in the minority here, but I would stay at the Dolphin!

Enjoy your stay at AKL!
But be aware that the only about 10% of rooms are standard view (according to the FAQ), so availability of discounted standard rooms will be very limited. Better make that reservation right away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter