Should I confirm at this rate?

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
Hey everyone-
I got an AP rate of 1985.00 for a seven day stay at the poly this June 25- July 2. Is this rate as sjy high as it seems? I have only made the reservation, still need to confirm. They had NO rooms available at the moderates and I can't do a value with the five of us. (My three kids (6,4 and 4) and my Mom are coming. Anyway, what do you guys think? Should I just do it and scrimp a bit on everything else? I also got the magic dining card (or whatever its called) to save on food. Advice please?
:sad2:

The AP rate is $254/night * 7 nights is $1778 without tax.
Another option might be the Contemporary (a standard room sleeps 5) -that would be $174/night with the AP rate.

You can continue to try to call for a moderate - maybe they just didn't have a room available for the AP discount. You would need Port Orleans Riverside (this is the only moderate that can sleep 5), or possibly two rooms at a value resort (connecting) - it looks like there's availability on the disneyworld.com website - each room would be $74/night
Another option may be a Fort Wilderness Cabin which would also be $174/night with the AP discount

I would try to get a more affordable room so you don't have to scrimp on everything else. A room at the poly would be nice as long as you can still buy drinks, snacks and eat fairly well and buy a few souvenirs. If the room rate is going to make you crazy with your bedget for those things, I would definitely hunt a less expensive room. It's not worth not being able to easliy afford those things while on vacation.

I would recommend the Contemporary as well. We stayed in the North Wing and it was great. I'd call to get the standard room right away. There aren't many of them, and with the South Wing closed they are probably going fast.

Did you get the Magic Your Way dining plan or the AP Disney Dining Experience card? The DDE is worth it, but I don't think the MYW dining plan is for many people. We had the DDE and with it, we spent less than we would have on the MYW dining plan. We did have some food in our room though since they provide a fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter