Should I even attempt Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror?

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
I get motion sickness & dramamine helps (I can handle The Simpsons ride at Universal). I don't like drops or jerky rides. I like the 7DMT & SDD. BTMRR & EE are way too rough for me but I can handle them for my daughter. I can deal with the SM drop because I love the ride other than the drop. I can barely handle Hagrid's at Universal but the one drop makes me feel like I'm almost going upside down. The Mummy is too rough but I ride it for my daughter. I love Escape from Gringott's. Should I even attempt Rock n Rollercoaster or Tower of Terror?

I like rock n rollercoaster, but it’s just an indoor coaster. I frequent local parks with roller coasters so rock and rollercoaster isn’t really a must do for me. ToT however is unique with cool theming, but if drops are not your thing you can go through the queue and ask for the chicken exit and not actually ride the ride while your daughter rides and meet her at the exit.

I don't like rough rides and 7DMT is the only rollercoaster I go on. I tried ToT, one and done for me. Everest, one and done. I do love FOP and not sure I'm going to try Cosmic Rewind without a review from my family. Based on your question, I wouldn't try either of those rides.

I feel like you've already answered your question. You don't like drops, so ToT isn't for you.
And it drops multiple times! I thought it would be one big drop, so it wouldn't be 2 bad, but it goes up again and drops again and again and the door fly open periodically! It's scary!

RnRC is extremely rough, not so much motion sickness inducing but ROUGH. If you don’t hold your head back against the headrest it’ll bang around giving you a headache. I decided to ride this again last trip after avoiding it for years and it was worse than I remembered it

I didn't think I'd like ToT because I didn't think I'd like drops in a million years and I have pretty bad vertigo. But because of the way the ride is designed, it feels to me more like a 'pulling down' than a 'drop' and now it's my favorite ride in HS. That said, if you have any doubts at all, don't ruin your day risking it.

I don't like rollercoasters and only tried RRC with much trepidation. However, it was extremely fast and smooth to me. I have ridden it many times now, but everyone has a different tolerance.
I cannot do Simpsons at all, nor Velosacoaster.
If you take dramamine and can do Simpsons, then you can do anything.

I didn't think I'd like ToT because I didn't think I'd like drops in a million years and I have pretty bad vertigo. But because of the way the ride is designed, it feels to me more like a 'pulling down' than a 'drop' and now it's my favorite ride in HS. That said, if you have any doubts at all, don't ruin your day risking it.
It actually is pulling down and not a freefall. It's technically very controlled but that doesn't stop it from feeling out of control with the bigger drops.

I’ll ride ToT once per trip, for my DH who loves it. I’ve gotten accustomed to it over the years, but I’m always afraid that we’ll encounter the program I call the yo-yo, multiple short distance downs and ups. That one makes me nauseated. Fortunately, either they’ve removed that sequence from the random programming or we’ve been very lucky in recent years!

Have to agree with PPs, if you can ride Simpsons you can ride everything. I cannot tolerate Simpsons at all - I don't get motion sickness at rollercoasters but at simulators (FoP no issues, can tolerate it only at all the Universal ones once except Simpsons) and spinning rides (Cobra Course I can tolerate only twice).
RnRC is fast and dark, so sometimes it seems leess intense than EE. Yes, it can be very rough, but if you ask for front row it's much smoother.
I like drops and freefalls, but ToT doesn't feel like the usual freefall tower. In my opinion it seems much scarierer than it is. I really love it.

And it drops multiple times! I thought it would be one big drop, so it wouldn't be 2 bad, but it goes up again and drops again and again and the door fly open periodically! It's scary!
Interesting note: At California Adventure, the change in theming, with the fast-tempo, fun, music, and the storyline being an escape — action-movie style …. It completely alters the whole experience. Instead of being spooky/scary, the feeling changes to exhilaration and victory— you did it… you BROKE OUT!! Yay!

It’s the same ride… I mean, there were a couple changes in that the pauses are a tad longer to integrate the story elements between drops, and there’s other ways they integrate the story into the drop sequence… but for all intents & purposes, it is the same ride!
However, I would totally take my almost 6 y.o. gd on GoG:MB… ToT— no way, at least not as a first experience.

I like rock n rollercoaster, but it’s just an indoor coaster. I frequent local parks with roller coasters so rock and rollercoaster isn’t really a must do for me. ToT however is unique with cool theming, but if drops are not your thing you can go through the queue and ask for the chicken exit and not actually ride the ride while your daughter rides and meet her at the exit.
I'm interested to find out more about this 'chicken exit'! I love ToT (have only ridden it at DCA), but my husband has a heart condition so isn't able to ride attractions with big drops. Can he line up with me but then not actually enter the ride itself?

I'm interested to find out more about this 'chicken exit'! I love ToT (have only ridden it at DCA), but my husband has a heart condition so isn't able to ride attractions with big drops. Can he line up with me but then not actually enter the ride itself?
Yes. He will go up the tower with you but before you load your elevator, there is a different elevator that he will take down with a CM who is still in character.

As above, he’ll ride down in an elevator, but it’s a very ordinary elevator, no big drops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter