Should I force an update?

abbyandangel

Mouseketeer
My iPhone never updated to the new app. I am about 30 days away from our trip. Do you find the new app to be faster or better in any other way? I am hesitant to make a change. This is our first trip since FP+. I finally got comfortable with the app and they change it on me.

Thanks. It seems ok but then I wonder what I’m missing. Maybe I should stick with the old one and update only if I have trouble after we arrive,

If you want to refresh I would not update an iPhone unless you are comfortable using a browser as backup. Other people seem to be fine but there is a subset of us where it takes significantly longer to load FP time options. MDE at the moment is useless to me for refreshing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I'm planning to use a browser for all FP activity in the parks in two weeks (unless a new version comes out before then).

If I have trouble with the app I just go in through the Disney website. The website seems to work better while I'm at Disney, not sure why.
Absolutely! I have no idea, but once I am in the parks, the app is almost no functional for me. I have learned to not waste my time or frustration on it. I literally just use the browser. A pain in the tail? You bet. But it’s the only way I can get anything done.

I deleted the old app, which wasnt working and the one reloaded. It has been working fine now.

Absolutely! I have no idea, but once I am in the parks, the app is almost no functional for me. I have learned to not waste my time or frustration on it. I literally just use the browser. A pain in the tail? You bet. But it’s the only way I can get anything done.
Me too! Why is this? Today I had to use the website while in the parks. Ugh. Even just to look at entertainment times.

Me too! Why is this? Today I had to use the website while in the parks. Ugh. Even just to look at entertainment times.
I don't know why it won't work well in the parks. I have an iPhone and I have an icon for the app and one for the website. I always just click the website icon. I have also noticed if I change fastpass around or reservation times the app does not update that but the website is always correct.

I don't know why it won't work well in the parks. I have an iPhone and I have an icon for the app and one for the website. I always just click the website icon. I have also noticed if I change fastpass around or reservation times the app does not update that but the website is always correct.
I have an iPhone too. I was using the iPhone 6 and the app was absolutely useless in the parks. I noticed the exact same things you are saying about updating and the app not reflecting the changes but online in the browser everything is correct. I recently upgraded to the iPhone XR. I wonder if I will have better luck with a newer model?

I have an iPhone too. I was using the iPhone 6 and the app was absolutely useless in the parks. I noticed the exact same things you are saying about updating and the app not reflecting the changes but online in the browser everything is correct. I recently upgraded to the iPhone XR. I wonder if I will have better luck with a newer model?
I'm not sure if it's all iPhones. I have an iPhone 7+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter