Should I get an Apple Watch?

Domo

Wotcha
It would only be a series one watch, I'm not looking to break the bank... or should I dare it and get one of the thousands of Android watches? We're still talking a fair whack - about £120 or so.

ETA - all my other stuff is Mac, from my phone to my laptop.

Yes, me too. The thing I like most about it is that it gets me off my phone, yet I don't miss any notifications. It's really cut down my pointless scrolling time.

If all your other devices are Apple then it would be worth the investment in a watch, as opposed to an Android one.

I wish they made one that was way less bulky. I'd like the convenience, but I don't like how it looks.

I have one, but my teen daughter loves it and uses it with her iPhone. Go for it, if you like the look of it. I find it too big for my wrist, and that's the smallest one. We have the 1st generation too, and see no need to upgrade.

You're in the Apple universe so def get the Apple Watch. As much as I love gadget/tech, I don't feel the draw of the watch but that's just me.:)

I was unsure about the Apple Watch until I got one a few months ago. It took a few days to understand its capabilities and set it up the way I want it, but now I love it -- mostly because like others here, I can get notifications and decide whether I need to pick up my phone immediately and respond, or wait if it isn't pressing or convenient to go find my phone.

I bought one the day it came out, it was fun to play with for a month or two and it's been in a drawer ever since. It just doesn't do enough that's useful to me, and it's uncomfortable to wear. The only Apple product I've ever had that I didn't love.

I use a Fitbit Alta as my every day watch. It counts steps and miles, it gives me calendar, text and phone notifications, the fitness app is way better than Apple's, and it's lightweight and unobtrusive.

If you do decide to get one, make sure you look at the apps available for it. A lot of companies have dropped their Apple Watch apps, or are planning to in the near future.

I bought one the day it came out, it was fun to play with for a month or two and it's been in a drawer ever since. It just doesn't do enough that's useful to me, and it's uncomfortable to wear. The only Apple product I've ever had that I didn't love.

I use a Fitbit Alta as my every day watch. It counts steps and miles, it gives me calendar, text and phone notifications, the fitness app is way better than Apple's, and it's lightweight and unobtrusive.

If you do decide to get one, make sure you look at the apps available for it. A lot of companies have dropped their Apple Watch apps, or are planning to in the near future.

Such as? Do you have a list somewhere?

Instagram just announced they're dropping their app the other day, and I know eBay and Amazon left last year. Google, too, I think. I'm sure there's a complete list out there somewhere.

Oh I thought since you mentioned it you'd have a list to provide.
I don't think it will affect me. I use it for the time, text messages, the weather, WW points, the activity circles and the calendar. I can't imagine trying to shop on Amazon and Ebay on a watch. Seems like it would have been difficult.

What do you want to do with your watch? I like the Apple Watch because I don't have to think about it - it sends me a few notifications, buzzes when I get a call, and shows me texts without having digging my phone out of my purse. It keeps the temperature, weather, time, and date on my wrist at all times. It easily integrates with my phone. For me, it is exactly what I need, but depending on what you want to do, there could be a better option out there.

What do you want to watch for? I shopped around and decided on the Garmin VivoActive3 (had an HR previously) instead of one of the other smart watches. I have no desire to get phone notifications on the watch and don't have the two connected. I want a smart watch to track steps, use for activities that I don't need my dedicated running watch for, and use some of the GPS functionality.

I like mine. It’s a novelty mostly but it is nice to get texts and calls without having my phone on me. I could easily live without it but I like it.

Apple Watch is pretty cool, I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I mostly got it because I worked at a place that banished us from having cell phones, so I got the Apple Watch so that I could at least receive text messages. I ended up liking it quite a bit. I know I do not use it to the fullest potential, but I enjoy it with what I do.

Go for it!

29906170001_4194225544001_thumb-Buzz60video7584455146216769344.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter