Should I get Disney Club when I'm DVC?

adamak

DIS Veteran
Seems to me DVC member gets most of the DC's discounts already. And if I'm getting room thru DVC, then I shouldn't bother with DC.

Any comments?

ada

DC gives you discounted Parkhoppers and annual passes whereas DVC does not. (however, some folks have recently reported that some Disney Stores are giving DVC members a discount). The savings for our family of four's annual passes pays for the DC membership ($40).

You also get 10% discount at World of Disney at Downtown Disney whereas DVC does not give you that (although annual passes will).

You also get a subscription to the Disney Magazine.

But here's the kicker... DC is also an Entertainment card!!! So you get discounts at tons of hotels, restaurants, leisure activities, etc. both at home and while you travel. If you go to the DC website and click on member benefits and then click on the Entertainment icon, you can enter your zipcode and see what places near your home honor the discounts.

And the card is pretty cool looking ;)

In addition to discounts on AP and other Disney admission media, DC offers a discount on car rentals through National. For the time we are going, we received a 20% discount - saved more than the cost of the card on just one rental. I understand that the discount works at all National locations, not just those in Orlando.

We have done both and have more than paid for our DC card with discounts not available through DVC.

We have the DC also. We more than get our money back buying AP's. Then you get the magazine and a few purchases on top of that. As far as the DC discount with National, I've done better with other companies.

we use the DC membership for discounts on admission media. like getting the disney magazine too.

We have the DC card and our last trip saved the 20% on the rental car and also got a free membership in the Emerald club aisle. So we didn't wait in any rental car line, we simply walked out to the garage and chose our car from the emerald club row and away we went! No waiting at all it must have saved us at least 30 minutes wait and this was in off season!! We also were able to take a full sized superior model even thogh we had reserved an intermediate because all the have in the aisle are those. Check in was also just as simple. This is the other reason to get DC.

I too was debating about whether to get a DC card....the ticket discount isn't huge and I usually ignored the rental car discounts thinking I could get that elsewhere, but the rental car discount is what really saved the most money this past trip. Via this board, I got a Dollar mini-van reservation for a weekly rate of $209. I received my DC card a week before my trip. That night, just for the heck of it I checked National car rental prices again using my Emerald Aisle Corporate account number, and got a rate of $219/week. I then tried the DC rate, and I got a base rate of $219 minus a $61 discount! The quoted DC savings says it's 10% but I always assumed that was off of rack rate....in actuality, I got 20% off of the corporate rate. The DC cost me $30 (through a corporate program), so I got a 200% return with just the rental car discount. Just wanted to mention this because I think there are other people like me who assume the car discount wouldn't add up to much, but it does.

I've seen several people mention that they got the DC membership for $30 rather than $40. I just saw that BuzzLightYear3 mentioned it in reference to a corporate program. Is this the same way that everyone else has gotten the $30 membership? I'm probably going to join and it sure would be nice to save the $10.

I just renewed mine last week for $30. The new card came in the mail today. We originally had the MKC card and they offered us the DC at $10 off.

I am the Club Director for our company for the Disney Club. If your company had the MK club before, and converted to the Disney Club (you had no choice), employees of your company can join for $29 - the general public rate is $39. Other than the Disney Magazine, I do not think that benefits increased in any dramatic fashion now that you have to pay. Most of my employees do not take advantage of this now - they used to before for the 10% discount at the Disney Store at the Mall if nothing else.
Disney also used to give Club Directors 6 free passes to the parks and two to PI each year. This year I got two to the Parks and two to PI along with a letter that I would not get any more in the future:( . Disney is really losing some good will by doing this - I would assume that most club directors spent lots of $$$ at WDW, and also talked it up to their employees!

According to MouseSavers.com, when you call to apply and give the code TRAN, your membership will be 29.95 (save $10)

I just read Disnydad's reply and he said he got his card in a week. I ordered mine on May 31, got a short e-mail that said they would e-mail me my number in 48 hours, etc. I never received the second e-mail or the card. It's been 18 days. Does anyone have the phone number? It seems like there is a problem. Shouldn't I have received something by now?

I just joined on Friday night, again with a corporate discount after comparing all the other discounts I can get with my DVC membership and AMEX card (http://www.wdwig.com/discounts.htm), I figured it was worth the $29.99...I got one email immediately saying I would get a confimation in 24-48 hours with a membership number, and then less than 12 hours got my second email with all my information.

Now to wait for my card, so I can purchase my park tickets. Hope it doesn't take the 4-6 weeks they note, that will cut it close for us... *grin*

You can join on the website too, and apply that TRAN code, I believe...http://www.disneysampler.com/ is where I signed up, with my corporate chapter number rather than the TRAN code.

I just got off the phone with the Disney Club people. It seems there was some sort of system problem on May 31, so they were unable to charge my credit card. So, rather than notify me, they just did nothing. If I hadn't been reading these boards, and seen that I should have received something by now, I would still be waiting. Luckily my trip isn't until November, but it's obviously a poor system. I expected better.

I called as soon as I figured out it would pay off, and it was just 2.5 weeks before we were to leave. The promotional material said it takes 4-6 weeks; the person on the phone told me it would take 2-3 weeks, but I received the card in about 7-10 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter