Should I go to Disneyland Resort in 2018 or wait for Star Wars Land?

I would definitely go in 2018. We normally go every other year, but I'm actually considering not skipping a year this time, going in 2018, then not going back until at least the end of 2019 if not 2020. I love Star Wars, but I'm not sure I can handle the crowds. Crowds are bad enough as it is.

Thanks everyone . I will be turning 30 so just wondering. But wondering if I should go on a foodie trip somewhere else?

Oh man, I agree with what other people have said. I would go to Disney in 2018 and then wait at least until 2020 to go to SWL.

Hehe, I'm using this thread as proof that we NEED to go to DLR as much as possible until 2019. DH was telling me next year would be our Disney "off" year, but I'm going to convince him we should soak up as much as possible until 2019 when it becomes a madhouse. ::yes::

Hehe, I'm using this thread as proof that we NEED to go to DLR as much as possible until 2019. DH was telling me next year would be our Disney "off" year, but I'm going to convince him we should soak up as much as possible until 2019 when it becomes a madhouse. ::yes::
Sounds like a solid plan to me.

I'm going in 2018 but it has nothing to do with Star Wars as I pretend that doesn't even exist in the Disney-universe so I ignore it completely. I'm going in 2018 because the On Your Feet tour is in LA over my birthday and I want it to be my birthday show again and it seemed completely silly to fly across the country just for a show - so for a Disney fan, throwing in a trip to Disneyland seemed like the natural thing to do. :)

But TBH, it will be a non-factor in any future trips as it is a non-factor for me in life in general.

I would go ahead and go in 2018, tbh. SWL is going to make it insanely crowded for a while until the brand-newness wears off and I'm betting that land will always be busy from hence forward.

I think we'll visit DLR next year before SWL opens for our 10th wedding anniversary and then try to wait until 6 months to a year after SWL opens to visit DLR again and it still may be crazy, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter