should i join DC now, or wait for possible discount codes?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
definitely want to make a trip down for the Epcot F&W festival in Oct/Nov, and was also thinking about maybe another trip during mid-Dec or first week of Jan to be there to see holiday decorations. (the 2nd trip might be overkill so might wait until next holiday season :p )

right now there are no AP discounts or discount codes available for resorts during either of those times. BUT, i have heard that there are some DC discounts (20% off value season, 10% or something small off regular season or something).

my question is, should i join the DC now, and try to book a discounted room for F&W now. is the resort discount worth shelling out the membership fee now in June?
or should i hold out for possible discount codes which might come out in August or so? what are the chances of there being discount codes for late Oct/early Nov?

i won't really be using any DC perks (w/ exception of maybe a small purchase at Disney store if there's some irresistably cute merchandise) until Fall, so other than being able to book a discounted resort in advance, the DC membership might be "wasted" for a few months.

We have found that we hardly us the DC card as well. We use it only to get merchandise discounts at the Disney Store. I would wait and see what pops up in terms of codes first. I also think there is some type of a money back guarantee with the card. Perhaps a 30 day trial or so. Doing that would alow you to attempt to book the room and if unsucessful decide not to keep it. I don't really know if you plan on visiting more than once this year but the AP discounts can be great. Well Take Care and good luck with all the planning, tammy

I, myself would go ahead & get the card. I have found that by having it & base decisions on whether I can use it or not. If I can use it & save a few extra bucks(like $39 on my rental car!) I use it. If it is something that I don't really, really want/need & I can't get a discount, I don't get it.

Make sure you find out from your employer if you can get the club membership at a discount! Through my credit union I paid $10.00 less for my membership.

Wanda

I would get it now and book with it instead of waiting. You may or may not get a code for where you want to stay, didn't see it mentioned. We got our card for $39 and we have already saved over $500 with it for Dec. Even though it is a very low savings, 5% or so, the savings on our tickets alone made up for the $39. Not to mention, if you book with your DC card and get a better code you can call and book with the code and cancel the other. I believe you have 45 days before your trip to do so and it could be longer. Best of luck whatever you decide!!

Happy Day
CatOne:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter