Should I purchase Memory Maker???

We had MM on our last trip, my SIL paid 150 for it. We did come out with fantastic pictures but she made sure she got her money's worth....at one point you can see our faces are soooo over it!! I, myself cannot justify the cost as I have taken many pics without it and have been happy with what I got...the ride pics are not worth it to me, not that great. Bring your phone, you'll be fine.

It was worth it to us when we went as a family of six two years ago. It was sort of worth it when the two of us went last May. We returned from our most recent trip on Sunday and it was only worth it for the ride pictures. We only found two photographers at Epcot this year on both days we were in the park (the bridge by France and Port of Entry? area). We found two at Animal Kingdom and five in Magic Kingdom with one being the Lantern photo - which was awesome since we only waited about 5 minutes on Saturday night, May 5, and one with the Stepsisters on the morning of May 4, also awesome. We found four photographers in Hollywood Studios, of all places since we were only there for 3 hours, lol. All of the ride pictures were great so that's the only reason I'd get it again unless we were going as a family again since we separate at times then and get tons of pictures.

God, the Stepsisters are the best!!! Caught them after breakfast at CRT...If anything, those pics alone were worth the money cuz hubby has a huge crush on Drizella lol... but personally I would rather spend that money on souvenirs ☺ In some ways I wish I had a video rather than the pictures Cuz the 5 min of interaction was hilarious!!!

We have had it all 3 of our trips so far, and will have it on our upcoming September trip. Love it!

We always get it, they are the only photos where Crazy Cat Boy and I are in them together, at any point in our lives just about. If we had to prove our relationship at all we'd have to pull out the MM photos and use the date banners! LOL

I really like that we have all of these great photos of the whole family on our trip. Almost all of the photopass photographers’ shots came out well. Love the castle pics and we have an Adventureland picture of us that I blew up to have framed.
I’m happy to pay one price and just get everything. I would buy it again.

0842C8A5-285A-4938-AFB1-47F290EAEF58.jpeg 3A9EE29A-DDFD-4FEC-8352-5973B3C32169.jpeg EFEF0CDA-EE3A-46EC-8013-886FE793A904.jpeg 99F7CC29-430B-4BD8-B158-6D1B1590ED5D.jpeg 0842C8A5-285A-4938-AFB1-47F290EAEF58.jpeg

These are some of my favorite magic shots from our last trip. We had a ton more but I don’t care for most pics I am in, camera shy, LOL! That being said, the pics they took were often frame worthy and almost none of the ones I took with my phone were. We will definitely get it again on our future trips!

God, the Stepsisters are the best!!! Caught them after breakfast at CRT...If anything, those pics alone were worth the money cuz hubby has a huge crush on Drizella lol... but personally I would rather spend that money on souvenirs ☺ In some ways I wish I had a video rather than the pictures Cuz the 5 min of interaction was hilarious!!!

It was!! They were incredible. That and Lantern pics were the best of our trip. We lucked out for both. But they take cell phone pics if you ask so I'm thinking next time to skip MM. IDK but the ride pics make it worth it.

I think it is entirely up to your own tastes. My sister and I (late 20s/early 30s) did not plan on getting it. But then I upgraded my ticket to an AP, so it was automatically included. And we LOVED IT! So many awesome photos, including rides, characters (we aren't even really character people), random shots, and especially Magic Shots. At the end of our trip we made it a mission to get as many Magic Shots as possible! If we had not gotten it, we would have very few photos of both of us together (I know we can ask the PP, but we probably wouldn't have bothered stopping for most of the photographers we did stop for). For example, during our trip we went to Universal and didn't get any photos done. We didn't have any shots of both of us together and I have only one photo of myself the entire day!

So, for my opinion, I'd say, yes, get it. It's a drop in the bucket when you consider the overall expense of the vacation, and helps give you tangible reminders of your trip.

Okay, but how many drops in the bucket? How much per day, per person?

It was!! They were incredible. That and Lantern pics were the best of our trip. We lucked out for both. But they take cell phone pics if you ask so I'm thinking next time to skip MM. IDK but the ride pics make it worth it.

What are lantern pics?? We got some great animation ones, Olaf, balloon holding and space mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Cinderella's mice. But our ride pics suck, we all have weird faces, eyes closed....I'm good, it was great the one time and we have so many character pics that I had not gotten before. Next time I will play photographer again, I love doing it anyway ☺

We loved it. The photographers were everywhere it seemed and we hardly ever waited for more than a couple minutes. It really wasn't even just about the photos you ended up with in the end it was actually a fun thing to do throughout the day as well. I was surprised how much care they took and how they would pose us and set up different shots. Some of them had props--and of course the magic shots. It was also so nice just to have so many shots of the two of us together--usually our vacation photos are sort of the pictures we take of each other but very few together. The other thing I really think WDW deserves props for, that may not apply to many people, is that almost every photographer recognized my husband and I as a couple (we're both guys). I don't know if they're trained to look for rings or what but I really appreciated it. And it was nice because it resulted in photos that we never would have taken on our own. We're just a bit too reserved to stop a stranger and say will you take a picture of us in front of the castle? But when the guy from Disney World says "OK, now you kiss him on the cheek" you just do it. Actually, I guess maybe this is more generally applicable: if anyone in your group is the slightest bit reserved they're pretty good at breaking through that--when the woman from Disney World says "OK, now look scared" or "OK, come on, look like you love your wife!" you just do it. I thought it was more than worth the money.

We got it. I would not next time. We did not see many photographers and DH was looking for them as he pushed for it. Yes the shots we got were great but next time I would probably just buy whatever individual ones I liked.

I was surprised how much care they took and how they would pose us and set up different shots. Some of them had props--and of course the magic shots.

This is what I was expecting, and it never happened for us, unfortunately.

Ive never purchased it for my trip but I have the AP now and we loved having it. Although I will say I wouldnt entirely rely on the PP photographers to get the greatest photos and have them take some on a phone or separate camera as well (which they are always happy to do). In the sun, their cameras definitely got better photos but for some of the character m&gs our photos came out terrible and were like there was no flash at all, which you don't know how those photos come out until they pop up on MDE a little later and at that point you are definitely not with the character or spot you were in before. So I think it's worth it - but just don't entirely rely on them! :)

I'm a fan, have purchased it for a 3 and a 4 day stay, and thought it was worth the money. Then again, I take terrible pictures myself, so having somebody else do it is great. We treat the photopass almost like an attraction. We stop at A LOT of the spots.

We get it every trip but it really is a personal decision. We love it for the Magic Shots. I have the same shot from 4 trips with my daughter defending me from Captain Hook. Its fun to see how she has grown up. Now we stay for 10 to 12 days a trip so we normally get hundreds of pictures and those great ride shots have made me buy their overpriced frames at a lot of places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter