Should I ride Flight of Passage?

I rode Star Tours in the spring and felt awful after. I usually don’t get motion sickness so I was surprised. I was worried about riding FOP over the summer. It was fine, no issues at all. Amazing attraction that I’m glad I didn’t miss.

I did FOP first time a couple of weeks ago. I liked it, but had to close my eyes a couple of times as I felt a bit sick. Still it was a great ride and I'll do it again with a Bonine on board. I hear good things about a prescription patch for motion sickness, if you're anti-pill that might be a good option. :)

I made the decision not to ride. If it makes me sick, I'll have to sit out other things that won't usually bother me. Not worth it to me. I can spin. Silly silo? No problem. Drop? Fine on a lot bigger/faster roller coasters than can be found at Disney. But put me on a simulator and that's all she wrote.

Haven't tried it yet (next month!) but I've read you have to keep your eyes focused on the leading banshee to minimize any possible motion sickness. Any experiences with that?
Also, my niece is prone to motion sickness and Dramamine doesn't suit her, any other good pills?

I’ve never used them myself, but I’ve heard good thing about ginger root tablets for nausea - my cousin swears by them.

There are also acupressure bracelets I’ve heard about before, but I tend to be skeptical about those sorts of things. That said, some people think they work really well so they certainly could work so it might be worth a try

I'm really excited to try this ride, but I'm worried I'll feel nauseated while on it. I can handle Soarin' and generally all the roller coasters. However, the last times that I rode Expedition Everest and Star Tours, I did NOT feel good and didn't feel like going on any more rides.

The actual motion is very little... a few feet up or down (not side to side). You can see how much by looking behind you while on the ride.

I've never had an issue on any Disney ride until FOP.

First time, felt off on the walk out. Fine by the time I got outside.
Next day, felt off immediately after the ride ended. Fine by the time I got outside.
On my third time when I started to feel off, closing my eyes for a few seconds stopped the feeling immediately.

I actually think it is the 3D glasses and not the motion that is doing it to me.

I just rode it last month. I agree with many of the things that other posters have listed. It is a very smooth ride - much better than some of the other simulators in terms of jerkiness, etc. That being said, I felt like I was on a roller coaster some of the time with the steep drops. In the parts where you were just flying I was fine but the drops were not good for me. I didn't get sick or anything (took Bonine at the beginning of the day) but it was a 1 and done for me. I'm glad I tried it though - the scenery was beautiful. It was just a little too realistic for me. My daughter (8) who did not like EE, loved this one and went on it twice. I was fine on other rides (Soarin, Star Tours) just did not like the steep drops of this one.

I have vertigo, dizziness and other issues!!
Star tours & soarin I can do no problem
Dinosaur is my fave ride after avoiding for years!!
Drops are hideous-I don't feel sick -just very scared:rolleyes1
I don't do upside down or spinny-at all.
The Simpsons I can feel & close my eyes for a tiny segment-but I like it.
HPFJ was the worst ride ever-I felt ill-I was green; it was most unpleasant.

FOP
I found the pre show slightly claustrophobic -I'm in a wheelchair so others on their feet probably have a different perspective..
The actual ride itself I (dare I say it?!) didn't live up to the hype imho..
The colours are amazing.. :butterfly
the actual 'bike' is a bit weird ..
I told my dd it was the most action I'd had in years!!!!!!
Additionally-I struggled with disembarking & clearly wasn't quick enough for the cm..
So that has probably altered my view of the ride

Haven't tried it yet (next month!) but I've read you have to keep your eyes focused on the leading banshee to minimize any possible motion sickness. Any experiences with that?
Also, my niece is prone to motion sickness and Dramamine doesn't suit her, any other good pills?

I took Bonine every nt to keep it in my system - if any drowsiness should result, you should sleep it off - your niece could try it before trip see how it feels for her.

Rode FoP today and I did not get sick, I hate that dropping feeling in my stomach and this ride definitely created that sensation of falling but all I had to do was close my eyes for a second and I was fine. The dropping feeling is just a visual trick and your not actually falling so closing my eyes for a second did the trick for this ride chicken. No motion sickness for me tho, but I only get motion sickness from mission space orange and being on a boat. I absolutely loved this ride and can’t wait to ride it again Thursday.

I’ve never used them myself, but I’ve heard good thing about ginger root tablets for nausea - my cousin swears by them.

There are also acupressure bracelets I’ve heard about before, but I tend to be skeptical about those sorts of things. That said, some people think they work really well so they certainly could work so it might be worth a try

I took Bonine every nt to keep it in my system - if any drowsiness should result, you should sleep it off - your niece could try it before trip see how it feels for her.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! We'll try them next trip then... Checking in in 26 days!!:cool1::jumping1:

I'm fine with spinning, dropping, and all kinds of coasters, but I get motion sick on simulator-type rides. Forbidden Journey at Universal ended my day...that's the closest I've ever come to actually vomiting on a ride; I felt queasy after Mission Space Orange despite having taken Dramamine beforehand; and I have to close my eyes during the transitions in Soarin'. All that said, I rode FOP on Monday for the first time and had taken a Dramamine a couple hours beforehand just in case and had no issues at all. I would encourage you to find a motion sickness relief method that works for you (Dramamine, Bonine, ginger candies, the patch, etc.) and try the ride because it's absolutely amazing.

Feel bad for the folks that had a negative experience on this ride. I rode it for the first time this summer and was absolutely blown away by it. It exceeded my expectations in every way imaginable. It was by far the most amazing theme park attraction I have ever experienced. When I got off the ride, I literally had tears in my eyes. It was so much more than an "attraction", it was an "experience" to me. To the op, I would say give it a try. It would be such a shame to miss out on what I feel is the best attraction at WDW (or anywhere) currently. Good luck!

Just wanted to follow up - I got to ride it this week and loved it! I did take some non-drowsy dramamine (aka ginger) ahead of time as a precaution, and I felt totally fine! I did close my eyes during the drop that seemed like it was also a corkscrew. Immediately after getting off the ride I felt a little off, but it was the same feeling I have after getting off a treadmill and felt fine a minute later. Just as a previous poster mentioned, it was like Soarin' on steroids! I'm so glad we got to ride it!

I actually went on Soarin' the next day and felt more queasy on that (though I just closed my eyes and then felt fine, so it clearly the visual that messes with me).

I am the really odd-ball here... I can do Star Tours no problem, but Soarin' made me dizzy, and by the end, gave me a full-blown panic attack. So now I'm afraid to try FoP.

I am the really odd-ball here... I can do Star Tours no problem, but Soarin' made me dizzy, and by the end, gave me a full-blown panic attack. So now I'm afraid to try FoP.

Depends on why you had a problem with Soarin'...

Soarin', for me, can feel a bit frightening (even though I love it), because I don't feel entirely secure just sitting on the edge of a small seat and being aware of just how high up I am. I get dizzy and feel vertigo sometimes - but I can get that feeling even just walking up to the edge of any kind of ledge, so it's clearly something in my own head. If there's a railing, I'm fine. No railing, and I don't want to go anywhere near that edge. Ladders are barely tolerable if I can hold on (very, very tightly), but I hate standing on the very top of them. I even get a tiny bit nervous climbing on a chair to reach something.

FOP, on the other hand, didn't trigger that feeling in me at all. I think it's because they lock you in so securely, and you're so solidly parked on your "banshee" that you know you're not going anywhere. You've got handles to hold onto and you can grip with your knees. And even though the seats rise up as a group and push you up into the screen, you're not dangling. I looked around a bit at the ride mechanism the third time I rode, and I didn't feel any vertigo. I felt very safe.

Unfortunately, I plan on skipping this ride. I haven't met a simulator yet that hasn't made me sick, and even youtube on-ride videos make me feel nauseous after barely 30 seconds. I think my chances of making it through this ride are very slim.

I'm planning on trying Soarin', but I'm nervous about that too. Imax movies are a mixed bag for me, and I have also felt very sick on those as well. Depends on the movie and the type of motion though. Hoping for the best on this one.

I don't ride Star Tours anymore because the combination of 3D and motion mess me up. I went in September and decided I needed to at least try it. For me, big mistake. I felt so sick and awful midway throught the ride I closed my eyes for the rest. I was glad I tried it because it was a really cool experience, but honestly probally won't ever again. In my opinion I think you should at least try it though!

I'm really excited to try this ride, but I'm worried I'll feel nauseated while on it. I can handle Soarin' and generally all the roller coasters. However, the last times that I rode Expedition Everest and Star Tours, I did NOT feel good and didn't feel like going on any more rides.

My sister-in-law gets nauseated from rides, too. She rode Flight of Passage (mostly because I told her she would regret it if she didn't, which I would say to anyone) and she could handle it! She did get sick from Star Tours though. I think FOP is much smoother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter