Should I try October?

Fargoman2

DIS Veteran
We just completed our 3rd consecutive summer Disney trip and we're feeling a bit Disneyed out. The heat and the lines just plum wore me out this time. We have always gone late July or early August.

Would we notice a huge difference in October, at least with regard to the crowds? Maybe that would make a Disney trip more relaxing?
Of course, I would have to measure such a benefit against the drawback of trying to pry kids out of school and schedule time off of work.

What can you tell me?

I can tell you the following.

1) The weather's better - fewer thunderstorms, less humid, and still hot enough for the waterparks.

2) The lines are shorter - we've NEVER had to queue for more than an hour for ANY ride in October.

3) The crowds in the parks are smaller.

4) If you go to the other, non-disney parks, it gets to the point that you wonder where everyone is. Late aternoon in Islands of Adventure was spookily quiet... felt like they might be closing the park early because there were so few people around.

We always go in October - the only time we've been at any other time was in June, and it was too hot and busy for our liking... probably spoilt from going in October! :teeth:

I'd recommend it wholeheartedly!

October is MUCH better than the summer months. The past two years we have been at WDW at the end of Sept/beg of Oct and the crowds and weather have been great compared to the summer.

I have to agree. We've been several times in Oct. More towards the middle to end of the month - get to see the golf tournament and Food & Wine festival at Epcot. We also went end of May this year. We had to dodge the rain most days (not always a bad thing) but I don't remember having to do that when we've been in Oct. so we're probably going to stick with Oct trips - works for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter