• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I use Travelex travel insurance

Mikebo

Member since 1994 OKW+VB
I have a trip planned to Aulani end of February and I was thinking of adding the travel insurance that Disney has Called Travelex. I have never used them before but with everything the way it is these days I thought it would be wise. The problem I am having it is very hard to get the info I need so I can do it online. I need an agent code and a contract number which can only be supplied by Disney according to Travelex. I have tried calling and Chatting and can never get thru. Does anyone know what the numbers are and has anyone used this service and have an opinion on this. Thanks for the help

I have bought the insurance before but never filed a claim. So I'm not sure how well they process any claims but it seems like pretty good coverage for the cost. The agent code you need to enter is DVCWEB and the contract number is the number of your DVC contract you own. You can usually find your contract number when you look at your dues statement.

Thanks for the info and having the agent code and contact information. As you probably know it is very difficult to get thru to DVC. For the 99.00 cost it might be worth it. 👍

In case you aren't aware, the $99 fee covers one use year's worth of points. So if the points for your trip are from several use years, you'll have to pay $99 for each use year involved.

If you are using banked points for a reservation, do you insure for the use year they came from or the use year you banked them to? Thanks!

If you are using banked points for a reservation, do you insure for the use year they came from or the use year you banked them to? Thanks!
You pay for the UY they came from. If using banked, borrowed and current years’ points, you’d pay for 3 years of points. But once you pay for a given UY, it covers all trips that use points from that UY.

I made a reservation for July, 2022. I used banked points from December, 2020 use year to December, 2021 use year. So I tried buying the insurance policy for the December, 2020 use year (banked July, 2021). It would not let me purchase online. A red message came up saying I could not purchase a policy that is within 0 days of reservation. My reservation is not for 6 more months. I have to call Member Services, but just wondering if anyone knows what this means. It looks like I can not purchase a policy to cover the trip with banked points. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I made a reservation for July, 2022. I used banked points from December, 2020 use year to December, 2021 use year. So I tried buying the insurance policy for the December, 2020 use year (banked July, 2021). It would not let me purchase online. A red message came up saying I could not purchase a policy that is within 0 days of reservation. My reservation is not for 6 more months. I have to call Member Services, but just wondering if anyone knows what this means. It looks like I can not purchase a policy to cover the trip with banked points. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

The banked points would now be part of your 2021 UY, so I wonder if you have to choose that to start?

Never used so just thinking how it might work?

One more question- is there another way/company that will insure my trip when using my points and airline tickets like with "Insure my trip" etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter