Should This Woman Have Her Life Ruined Because She Posted a Stupid Photo on Her Own F

She has every right to take such a picture and post it to the world. The owners of her company also have every right to decide they don't want people who make such decisions on their payroll. We have the right to free speech, not the right to no consequences.

Because dong such enables the stupidity of the mob. People who seem to have nothing to do but be morally indignant over a stupid act. Acts have consequences some say I don't want this pig near me says someone on this all because of one picture, do people have the right to be offended yes but the threats the I hope she looses her job and stays unemployable?

In the US, we have "contact" information on large corporations' store receipts requesting feedback on our "shopping experience." Companies want to know how you were treated and, I am sure, that poor service comments are a large portion of the feed-back. The liability that companies face from continuing to employee sub-par employees is not looked at lightly. So, for the two women to have lost their jobs for being stupid is not an anomaly.

Her life is not ruined, she just lost her job. Harsh? Yes perhaps. There is nothing wrong with being funny, goofy, silly, we all do it, I sure do, but there is a place and time for everything, her photo and gesture was very disrespectful not only to the place but to the meaning on "peace and respect" on the sign. I think her company wants to send a message since she was doing the tour with her company.
How can you be so stupid not only to do that but to post it and brag about it.

I don't know about the firing part, but she certainly made herself look exceedingly trashy.

She has every right to take such a picture and post it to the world. The owners of her company also have every right to decide they don't want people who make such decisions on their payroll. We have the right to free speech, not the right to no consequences.

I have no problem with that. I take issue with total strangers inserting themselves into the middle of the mess.

Just a question, but many people have written that she was fired. I thought she was suspended pending investigation into the matter? Just wondering if it had gotten to that next step or if everyone is just presuming? Just wanted to clarify it in my own mind. Thanks!

Scurvy said:
If she were my employee and I lived in a state where I could fire someone for any reason (other than being a member of a protected class) then I would absolutely fire her. Besides being offensive and disrespectful, what she did shows a serious lack of judgement. I wouldn't want someone like that representing my company, whether the picture was taken and posted on a work trip or not.

I agree with a previous poster that the "Obviously..." comment was particularly bad. No, nothing about that picture would make it obvious that she meant no disrespect to people who served the country. Honestly I don't see how anyone could think the picture wasn't intended to be disrespectful.

Personally, I don't care if her life is ruined by it. Actions have consequences. If your actions are egregious enough, they can have very significant consequences for a long time afterward. I doubt that her life really will be ruined but if it is, well that's her own fault. I feel the same about the Westboro morons. If their lives are ruined because of their idiotic conduct, that's fine. You may have the right to express yourself the way you want to (for the most part, at least) but that doesn't mean you're going to be immune to any fallout from it. You might find that people don't want to employ you or even associate with you if they dislike your actions enough. That's one reason it's important to think things through before you do them, and especially before you post them on the Internet!

Agreed! She should be fired for what she did. It was a work sponsored trip and her actions reflect on her company.

Just a question, but many people have written that she was fired. I thought she was suspended pending investigation into the matter? Just wondering if it had gotten to that next step or if everyone is just presuming? Just wanted to clarify it in my own mind. Thanks!

It was on local news that both were fired.

Ms. Stone's employer, the LIFE Foundation, has disabled veterans as clients, I believe an attorney could easily use the behavior of these two employees as an example of an atmosphere which is disdainful/disrespectful/uncaring of those same veterans, if an accident occurred. Unfortunately, in this highly litigious world, employees' actions reflect on their employer.

What are you basing this on? LIFE Inc. works with intellectually handicapped individuals, so it's unlikely that any of them would have been able to serve in the military. I could be wrong, but I'm familiar with the organization and I am not aware of that aspect of their service.

What are you basing this on? LIFE Inc. works with intellectually handicapped individuals, so it's unlikely that any of them would have been able to serve in the military. I could be wrong, but I'm familiar with the organization and I am not aware of that aspect of their service.

I have no idea which is true, or whom their clientele is - however, just pointing out it may go the other way? If their clients are intellectually handicapped people, some of those may be so as a RESULT of injuries suffered as members of the military, no?

I could be misunderstanding, just seemed...

I have no idea which is true, or whom their clientele is - however, just pointing out it may go the other way? If their clients are intellectually handicapped people, some of those may be so as a RESULT of injuries suffered as members of the military, no?

I could be misunderstanding, just seemed...

Their clients are typically young adults with developmental delays, not traumatic brain injuries. I am familiar with the organization from when I lived in Boston and they do wonderful work, but disabled veterans do not fit their service profile.

What she did was in incredibly poor taste. I have a pretty warped sense of humor, and found no humor in this, at all.

Stupid thing to do all around.

I have no problem with that. I take issue with total strangers inserting themselves into the middle of the mess.

Guess she shouldn't have posted the pictures on Facebook for all the world (friends and total strangers) to see how pathetic her behavior was. She's the one who invited all the attention. It just didn't play out quite like she thought it would.

I thought this woman said it well (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/upd...ipping-off-the-tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier/):
One woman commented on LIFE’s page that she doubts Stone and her friend truly “meant no disrespect” in flipping off the Tomb of the Unknowns. Since they appear to have no courtesy for the grief of those who have lost a loved one in the armed forces, she continued, perhaps they need to be taught a far less painful lesson, but a lesson nonetheless. “I respectfully request you allow them to experience the grief of sudden unemployment,” she wrote, before complimenting the photos of the facility.

Have we not struck the expired equine to it's fullest extent aready???? It's time to find a new topic :rolleyes1

While many have expressed their opinion that this isn't "ruining her life" I wonder how she will fair with future job prospects? Won't really be able to use her time at LIFE as a reference will she? How to explain this one on an interview? While she may have only lost THIS job, this will follow her around for a loooooooooong time. And while I know many think she deserves to be stoned or branded with a giant red A across her chest (you decide what that could stand for), I just don't feel the stigma that will follow her as she tries to move on with her life and get another job, or even losing her job, is commensurate with the "crime".

Oh well. What's done is done. Time to move on.

Douchbag, Yes she admitted it herself, and disrespect for everyone who has ever served and lost their life for this country? She made that obvious with the finger jesture.

Guess she shouldn't have posted the pictures on Facebook for all the world (friends and total strangers) to see how pathetic her behavior was. She's the one who invited all the attention. It just didn't play out quite like she thought it would.

Meh, if everyone who was stupid and/or disrespectful on FB lost their job......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter