Should we do the dining plan?

You'll really want ADR's because it will be very busy. The idea of using 2 TS at a signature restaurant (or a dinner show like Hoop De Doo or Spirit of Aloha) will most definitely allow you to feel unrushed in the parks and not feel you will have unused TS credits at the end. Still, I plan on 1 TS ADR per day, just to be sure I have 1 place to eat/relax daily. I can call and cancel, but I know that I can eat if I want. You could also make a TS for lunch at one of the nicer places. I think I am correct (I have TGM also) that you SHOULD know 180 days out which days you'll be in which parks. Mike has the September 2006 hours and EMH's listed now--that is 6 months out. (It does say released March 1)

I guess the biggest thing to remember is that you can always cancel an ADR with one simple call. Trying to get one too late can take many calls and a lot of time. I think the DP is a great way to have your budget in hand without thinking about it. I can guarantee you that my family can eat for less than the DP will cost us, but I do not choose to eat that way. I am not on a budget, I am simply trying to know 90% of my costs ahead of time for peace of mind.

Enjoy whatever you do!!

Heidi

Thank you for that. Since we will be there in July, I know we will want ADR's regardless of whether or not we have the dining plan. So, here is what I am thinking.

CRT dinner on our arrival day--we are not likely to have much of a park experience that day anyway, and dinner at the castle seems like the perfect kick-off to a WDW vacation. DS 14 will just have to suffer through the princess stuff!

Either Chef Mickeys or Liberty Tree Tavern for an early dinner on our second day--I figure our first park day will be MK (Fridays are not bad, are they?) and either CM or LTT will be easily accessible from MK. I say an early dinner because the little ones will be ready for bed by 7 or 8 I am sure.

Boma--midway through the trip--hopefully we will be staying AKL and will want a day to just relax at the hotel--at least in the evening

Hoop De Doo Review the day before we leave--seems like that will be right up our alley and a great way to cap off the trip. Probably the 5PM seating,again out of consideration for the little ones. In July each park except AK will likely be open late so those of us without little ones to worry about can spend the evening where we want.

I am not thinking that character breakfasts will work well for us. Our early morning hours will be best spent getting to the park du jour at rope drop or AM EMH. I know some of our party will "catch up with us later" :rolleyes: . Is there much difference between doing a character breakfast and a character dinner?

I always know what park we are going to on what day and then plan my ADR's around that. Hours come out 6 months in advance now, so our whole trip is planned and ready to go at 180 days out. My advice is get a good guidebook (PAssporter) and familiarize yourself with the layout of "the World".
We don't always eat our sit down at the park we are at. Some are, but sometimes we will do a lunch at a resort that's close to the park and then head back after lunch.

Like this trip, we are going to be at MK, leave for an early dinner around 4:30 or 5:00 at 1900 Park Fare in GF and then be back at MK for Spectro and Wishes. Or, head over to Epcot for Illuminations. We are big Park Hoppers, so we aren't tied down to one park each day. In Epcot, we usually eat in the park, since there are so many places to try.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip! And definitely plan, plan, plan, you can always cancel. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter