Should we get Memory Maker?

JBackes33

Earning My Ears
My girlfriend and I will be going in 10 days and it is coming down to the deadline...we can't decide if we want Memory Maker or not. We will only be on grounds three days but will have very packed days at MK and HS. She is really big on pictures and is planning on scrapbooking this. Do you think the price is worth 3 days of pictures?

Thanks.

My girlfriend and I will be going in 10 days and it is coming down to the deadline...we can't decide if we want Memory Maker or not. We will only be on grounds three days but will have very packed days at MK and HS. She is really big on pictures and is planning on scrapbooking this. Do you think the price is worth 3 days of pictures?

Thanks.

If you're planning on doing several character meet 'n greets, yes! otherwise I would say it probably isn't worth it.

For a scrapbooker, absolutely! We got the PP+ for our DLR trip last year, and it was the best money we spent. MM for WDW is double the price of the DLR version, but we absolutely intend to get it and use the heck out of it! It pays for itself with a few ride photos and character experiences.

We bought the PP+ for our trip last June, three days worth of parks. I have two teen girls and gave it to them. We wound up with around 60 pictures and they didn't do a lot of M&Gs. You can also have every one of your ride photos loaded onto it and any photos included with dinners (Chef Mickey's, Spirit of Aloha, etc. You can also have the photos printed at your chosen self serve photo place, Target, Walgreens, etc. as you have the copyright.

I was wondering the same thing before my trip with DBF. I was glad we didn't. We used my (pretty basic) digital camera and our iPhones. We also had some Photopass pictures taken(which we could view online and choose to purchase if we wanted them). 99% of the time I liked the version on my iPhone or camera better than the Photopass picture. I was surprised that for how much they charge, the quality wasn't that great. Our Photopass shots at night in front of the castle were just plain bad. Also the majority of the time when we felt we were somewhere we would like a picture of us taken there were no Photopass people to be seen. I would have been mad if I paid all that money.

We mostly asked people nearby who were taking a family shot if they'd like us to take a pictures the group and then ask if they'd mind taking one of us. Or asked the Photopass people/other cast members to take our picture. They didn't seem to mind.

If you're planning on buying all your ride photos and doing a bunch of character meets it might be worth it. But that's just my opinion. If money is no object then might as well go for it!

they automatically gave it to me for promotion they are running in September it comes with the package, but here is my concern and I voiced it to the CM ...we always go at the same time of year to take advantage of the free dining , my question to the CM was this , will this affect me being eligible for free dining?The response was well no its free, but I am thinking differently because you know if you get room discount on a package it will cancel out the free dining. Any thoughts on this because really it is just me and my husband and I cant really see us taking advantage of this, but the food down there is uber expensive imo and I would rather save on that!

Will the photo pass people take pictures with your camera? or do they have to use theirs? I am not seeing the 150$ price tag when we are only doing 4 park days. The other days are water park and off property days. I have always done Photo Pass so never had to ask if they would use my camera. It would only be for one or two photos. A couple castle shots of the whole family and a mickey shot. The rest I would take because I won't be in them.

they automatically gave it to me for promotion they are running in September it comes with the package, but here is my concern and I voiced it to the CM ...we always go at the same time of year to take advantage of the free dining , my question to the CM was this , will this affect me being eligible for free dining?The response was well no its free, but I am thinking differently because you know if you get room discount on a package it will cancel out the free dining. Any thoughts on this because really it is just me and my husband and I cant really see us taking advantage of this, but the food down there is uber expensive imo and I would rather save on that!

This may not be the exact same thing but 2 or 3 years ago we were on free dining and they also included the free Disney Photo Book in our package. The free Photo Book coupon code at the time was just in the package paperwork they sent us.

Will the photo pass people take pictures with your camera? or do they have to use theirs? I am not seeing the 150$ price tag when we are only doing 4 park days. The other days are water park and off property days. I have always done Photo Pass so never had to ask if they would use my camera. It would only be for one or two photos. A couple castle shots of the whole family and a mickey shot. The rest I would take because I won't be in them.
They've always been happy to use ours as we as theirs, even if we didn't have a PP+ or MM.

Hard to say. If you don't buy it, you can still download individual pictures that you had taken, I think for $15 each. So if you think you will buy more than that, then it's worth it.

If you do buy it, just make sure you take enough pictures. Some of them do turn out crummy, but there will be good ones mixed in too.

If it were just the wife and I, going for three days, no...I wouldn't get it. But, a week with the family, yes we got PP and will probably get MM.

She is really big on pictures and is planning on scrapbooking this.
Ordinarily I'd say just hand them your own camera for a couple over three days. But, for a scrapbooker? Get it. The chances that you won't generate 8-10 pictures you want between roaming photopass photographers and on-ride photos (which are included) seems pretty low.

We are going for 10 days so will definitely purchase. I bought the package when we went for 7 days and it shows that I really was at DW with my husband and son! All our photos were taken by me so I'm not in any of them!! Was nice having family shots in front of the castle!

For those that have purchased Memory Maker, do you like the ride photo portion? We have used PP in the past and loved it but we don't do the character meets, so the only benefit to MM would be the ride photos. Just wondered if it was worth having to wait in line after every ride to get the photo?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter