Should we purchase the Brita water bottles?

queenofhearts

Mouseketeer
Hi fellow Disers!! My boyfriend and I will be staying at the AKL Concierge in November. I've heard that they provide bottles of water in concierge. However, I was wondering if you think it would still be worth it to purchase the Brita sport bottles since we could refill these bottles in the park and not have to worry about drinking icky Florida water. Or, do you think the bottles of water provided by concierge will be enough, and we should just refill those bottles in the parks? Thanks for your suggestions! :)

Not to be sarcastic, but read over what you wrote. If you re-fill the water bottles you receive from Concierge, you'll be drinking "icky Florida water." Buy the Brita water bottle.

Go ahead & buy the Brita water bottles. Then you can put whatever water you want in there.

Have fun & be safe!

Where did you find the refillable Brita sports bottles? And how much do they cost? I took my Brita pitcher filter last year and refilled water bottles every night last trip. It was a pain, but worth it not to have to pay extra in the parks. I hate the water in the park (and I am a little suspicious that they make it taste bad so you'll buy the water in the park ;-) ).

I got my Britta Water bottle at K-Mart. I've also seen them at Walmart, Kohl's, and our local drug stores.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a brita bottle and what does it do to water?

ken

Brita is a brand of water filter products. I have a Brita Pitcher. It uses a charcoal filter to eliminate bad tasting chlorine and other stuff from tap water. The filters last about 3 months. I like my water much better filtered, but I guess it depends on where you live as to how your water taste.

oh I get it. :D So does it work instantly or does it take time. In other words can you just take a drink from the bottle or do you have to let the liquid strain through the filter?

Ken

I don't really know if they are worth it. I've brought them the past few years but the water from the fountains really doesn't get too cold and we end up just buying bottles at the park. I really don't mind the less than cool water but DH and DD want it ice cold. So I guess the question is do you like you water really cold? If so don't bother to bring them.

I have yet to take it to the parks, though. Funny thing, coffee is what was always in my hand as we were heading out the door. Imagine that!

DH travels frequently with work, thus accumulating free SWA tickets, and hotel points. We use our Holiday Inn points for little get aways over the weekends to "driveable" places.

On one of our outings this summer we went to Ocean Shores, WA. For whatever reason my Brita bottle did not get packed. I couldn't drink the water there. We must have spent a minimum of $20 for a two night stay on just bottles of water! What a waste! Never again.

I've never had a problem with the Florida water, though.

I think the Brita bottles are worth the money if you can get them more $3.99.

Lori

you can go to any of the counter service restaurants and they will give you a cup of ice free.

If you have a Linens 'n things near you you can use the 10.00 off coupons they sometimes have and it makes them really cheap. We use ours every time we go to WDW

I have read on another forum that they are on sale for 2.99 this week at Kohl's. Great buy!!

oh I get it. So does it work instantly or does it take time. In other words can you just take a drink from the bottle or do you have to let the liquid strain through the filter?

Kenbar,

It works differently than the pitchers. You fill up the water bottle and it gets filtered as you drink it. The filter is attached to the "outgoing" spout (that you drink out of). I hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain.:confused:

You just drink from one like you would from any other sports bottle.

The Kohl's in Roswell,GA has the sports bottle (includes 1 filter) and refills (2 each), both are 2.99 apiece. I'm not sure how long the sale lasts.

In November you probably won't need them as much but we also bring on in the hotter weather. They are about $10 and we refill them several times a day.

Thanks again, everyone! I purchased my water bottles, and I've already used them! :)

Now, if November would just hurry up and get here!! ;)

What we do is to take the brita bottle, fill it up halfway with water and put it in the freezer over night. When you are ready to go to the parks, fill it up with some cold water and it will stay cold for you. Of course it only works if you have a freezer (Well we do in the camper anyway)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter