Shouldn’t 12/1/2022 bookings open today?

DisneyaholicRaquel

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone…

I have been on the DVC site since 7:45 am to book a reservation starting 12/1/2022. The date is still greyed out. Am I calculating the booking window incorrectly? I’m trying to book one of my Home resorts. Please help?!?

The booking window rules depend on actual dates not necessarily number of days, e.g., if you want a Dec 1 arrival date, you can book home resort starting Jan 1, i.e., the fact that there is no Nov 31 does not mean you can book Dec 1 start date on Dec 31. A common issue is wanting a start date at the end of the month and there is no like date in the month you want to go online and do the reserevation. In that case, all dates carryover to the first of the next booking month, e.g., to book a Jan 29, 30, or 31 start date cannot be done at 11-months out until March 1 when Feb has only 28 days, meaning everyone with a Jan 29, 30, 31, or Feb 1 start date in the next year will all be trying to make a reservation On March 1.

Last edited:

The booking window rules depend on actual dates not necessarily number of days, e.g., if you want a Dec 1 arrival date, you can book home resort starting Jan 1, i.e., the fact that there is no Nov 31 does not mean you can book Dec 1 start date on Dec 31. A common issue is wanting a start date at the end of the month and there is no like date in the month you want to go online and do the reserevation. In that case, all dates carryover to the first of the next booking month, e.g., to book a Jan 29, 30, or 31 start date cannot be done at 11-months out until March 1 when Feb has only 28 days, meaning everyone with a Jan 29, 30, 31, or Feb 1 start date in the next yeart will all be trying to make a reservation On March 1.
Gotcha…thank you for the clarification! You would think I was new at this…I’ve been a member since 2006

Thank you so much! How did you find that? If you don’t mind sharing…
Sign in to your DVC account, click on Dashboard, part way down the page you'll see "plan your next vacation" and below that is the "Booking Calculator".
Good Luck tomorrow 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter