Shout out to the moderators...

rpb718

DIS Veteran
This is a historical event and many folks are disappointed, confused, angry, and depressed. We don't go to WDW as often as we would like, maybe once every couple years on average for a week or more, but we do have a WDW vacation this fall that I've even considering cancelling. I know it's way too soon to even think about that now but the fact that it has already crossed my mind when it's a few weeks from my ADR date has me down. The days of complaining about crowds and worrying about getting a boarding group for RoTR seem like a long time ago, and WDW has not been closed 1 full week yet.

There's been many times this past week where I just needed to step away from looking for the latest news on the Disboards - but the moderators can't really step away like I can. They have to do what they do best, and sometimes that means biting their tongue so hard they can taste the blood. Kudos to all you folks - keeping things civil and on point.

Agree 100%! Our mods are awesome! Really hoping for the best for your WDW vacation in the fall 🤞I too have been struggling to cope with everything going on - WDW related and not - but coming to DISboards has helped me deal with it by connecting with other people who feel the same way. We will get through this! "Keep moving forward"!

This is a historical event and many folks are disappointed, confused, angry, and depressed. We don't go to WDW as often as we would like, maybe once every couple years on average for a week or more, but we do have a WDW vacation this fall that I've even considering cancelling. I know it's way too soon to even think about that now but the fact that it has already crossed my mind when it's a few weeks from my ADR date has me down. The days of complaining about crowds and worrying about getting a boarding group for RoTR seem like a long time ago, and WDW has not been closed 1 full week yet.

There's been many times this past week where I just needed to step away from looking for the latest news on the Disboards - but the moderators can't really step away like I can. They have to do what they do best, and sometimes that means biting their tongue so hard they can taste the blood. Kudos to all you folks - keeping things civil and on point.
Very true and well said, thank you for speaking for the rest of us.

I am new around these parts. I’ve found that this site, for the most part, regarding current situations, has been a great place to “keep even”. Seeing other opinions, point of views, and optimism. While some things may not be reality, it’s nice to feel a moment (even if it’s fleeting) ‘ah it’ll be ok and WDW will be open soon and all will be well’

I started listening to the Tuesday show on the podcast. I listened to the first episode 2 weeks ago, immediately hooked. Then went back to a year ago April 2019. I just got current from that point, and am now listening to back from the beginning in 2006. Great to listen to while doing jigsaw puzzles-haha.

I appreciate everyone here. The great people that run the boards, do the podcasts/YouTube videos and just the regular people like myself that came to this site to get (and share) awesome info to make their trip great.
Thanks Pete, for walking into Epcot that one day and having the courage and passion to do something you love and creating this great community that can be helpful for more than just an epic Disney trip.

Yes they are doing an amazing job by consolidating info and not allowing the boards to be flooded with post after post of the same content. Thank you!

Thanks OP and others. :blush:

Strange times for all of us.

I mainly think of myself as a DISer first, moderator second. I like chatting Disney parks and planning just like everyone else. With the parks closed and near-term trip planning uncertain, posting traffic around our little corner of the DIS seems like it has been down - despite most of the world being home and likely online. Just not much to talk about I guess, with so many health/well-being unknowns and the overall economic uncertainty clouding discretionary spending choices.

We do try to make TPAS a home for accurate/relevant WDW park planning related posts/discussion - hopefully there will be a time to get back to that point soon.

Stay well everyone.

Thanks OP and others. :blush:

Strange times for all of us.

I mainly think of myself as a DISer first, moderator second. I like chatting Disney parks and planning just like everyone else. With the parks closed and near-term trip planning uncertain, posting traffic around our little corner of the DIS seems like it has been down - despite most of the world being home and likely online. Just not much to talk about I guess, with so many health/well-being unknowns and the overall economic uncertainty clouding discretionary spending choices.

We do try to make TPAS a home for accurate/relevant WDW park planning related posts/discussion - hopefully there will be a time to get back to that point soon.

Stay well everyone.
A sincere and grateful
:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter