Shows at HS and AK

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
If you were only going to see one show in Hollywood studios and one show in animal kingdom which would it be? It can be either a live show or a movie such as Muppets or it's tough to be a bug. We haven't seen any of the shows and either park but would like to try a couple of this year. Thanks!

Wow - only one? At AK, I loved both Festival of the Lion King and Flights of Wonder. FOTLK has moved and reopened, so I don't know if it's different but I can on,y assume it's same or better! Lots of acrobatics, dance and songs from the movie/broadway show. Flights of wonder is a really well presented live bird show - totally different type of "production" from FOTLK, but equally loved by us. I believe Lion King is air conditioned so that could be a tie breaker!

AK-
Definitely Festival of the Lion King for our Family. It's on our "must-do" list. One year we ventured off and saw Nemo. Kids liked it, DH and I thought it was weird.

HS -
Indiana Jones stunt spectacular. We've seen it 1,000 times and still love it.

For HS , my top choice is definitely Beauty and the Beast- Live on Stage. The Indiana Jones Stunt Show is my second pick. As for AK, Festival of the Lion King is our absolute favorite show, Finding Nemo is a distant second. Hope this helps!

There's a lot of good ones. AT AK, Lion King definitely, though Nemo isn't bad. I'd probably go with FOTLK in the new theater.

For HS, there are so many...Fantasmic! is my absolute favorite. If you're not counting that, then Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular gets my vote.

The Muppets and It's Tough to be a Bug are not really very long, if its a time commitment you are worried about. Lion King, Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasmic! (plus wait time) are much longer.

I have to say, I thought Nemo would be weird with fish on a stick, but I loved it! FOTLK was amazing, but sentimentally I loved Nemo more. Haven't seen shows at HS but am hoping to change that in a couple of weeks.

AK

FOTLK - first absolutely - but we also love Flights of Wonder

HS - for me and DD Beauty and the Beast - dh would say Indiana Jones

Is Beauty and the Beast an ongoing attraction? My DD would love that but we're not coming until Oct (and if you try and 'Add to my Plans', the calendar doesn't go out that far)

Is Beauty and the Beast an ongoing attraction? My DD would love that but we're not coming until Oct (and if you try and 'Add to my Plans', the calendar doesn't go out that far)

THere has been some rumor that it might be replaced, but nothing at all concrete. I am almost certain it'll still be running in October.

If you were only going to see one show in Hollywood studios and one show in animal kingdom which would it be? It can be either a live show or a movie such as Muppets or it's tough to be a bug. We haven't seen any of the shows and either park but would like to try a couple of this year. Thanks!

Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom. And get there about 15 minutes early to see the preshow outside the theater.

I don't have a strong feeling about HS - BatB's worth doing, have never seen Indy or LMA.

At AK - I would do everything possible to see all 3 shows, Nemo, FotLK and Flights of Wonder. Personally, I LOVE Nemo and it's a must-do for me, but I know it's not everyone's favorite. If you really have to limit yourself to just one show at AK, do Festival of the Lion King - I'd say it gets a 99% thumbs up around here.

Really need to try to work in more than one show at these parks.

AK-I pick NEMO Musical. I suspect Flights of Wonder is the most underrated show; many folks probably ignore it and miss an entertaining show.

DHS-Indiana Jones. Definitely not Legend of Jack Sparrow.

Really need to try to work in more than one show at these parks.

AK-I pick NEMO Musical. I suspect Flights of Wonder is the most underrated show; many folks probably ignore it and miss an entertaining show.

DHS-Indiana Jones. Definitely not Legend of Jack Sparrow.

I agree about this show. We dismissed it as "just another bird show" for years. And then I went on a solo part of a trip and was walking by the theater when the show was about to start. I figure "what the heck" and went in since I wanted a place to sit down. I was totally mistaken what this show is all about. It's not "just another bird show".

Since then, we have never taken a Disney World trip and not seen the show.

AK - Bug's Life, easy choice really
HS - tougher choice, but Lights Motors Action

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter